Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help ripping some cd's? (Read 4619 times) previous topic - next topic

Help ripping some cd's?

Hey! I'm having problems ripping a couple of cd's, I was hoping maybe you guys can help? Thnx in advance!

I use IsoBuster for all my ripping, because EAC won't see tracks, EVER! Even with non-protected CD's...

Avril Lavigne - Let's Go
When I try to ripp it with my DVD-Rom it just freezes. When I try to rip it with my CDR drive it ripps fine just~ the music is distorted, skips etc. What's up with that? When I ripp it with Windows Media Player it works FINE, the music is perfect etc. Only it's WMA, and I need it in mp3..

Michelle Branch - Hotel Paper
Exactly the same as the Avril CD, only it doesn't work with my CDR but it does with my DVD, but again with the distortion AND the working fine when ripping with WMP.

Monica - After The Storm
Exactly the same as the Avril CD, only it doesn't work with WMP either.

Nick Carter - Now Or Never
The tracklisting doesn't even show up, so not alot of ripping going on here. Doesn't show up in WMP, either.

Help!

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #1
Hmmm...I have two of those CDs, Avril and Michelle, and I didn't have a problem ripping either of them.  Then again, I used EAC (0.95prebeta3, secure mode with C2 enabled, drive caching disabled, read offset correction enabled).  For reference, my drive is a Toshiba SD-R6012 DVD-RW in a Sony VAIO GRX670 notebook.  EAC never had a problem recognizing the drive.

I've never tried IsoBuster before, but I'd like to know why EAC doesn't see your CD tracks properly.  What version of EAC are you using?  What brand/model is your drive?

Insert a CD and go to menu item EAC, Drive Options.  Under the Extraction Method tab, click on Detect Read Features....  Does it see the drive then?  If so, what are the test results?

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #2
EAC just doesn't work for some reason.. Whenever I try to do the read test it tells me to insert an audio cd, but I have! I even tried one cd with JUST the tracks no fancy stuff like music video's and stuff and he still refuses to beleive it's an audio cd...

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #3
Open EAC, open drive tray from program, load CD and close tray. Click on "Action"-->"TOC Alterations"-->"Detect TOC Manually"
This usually does the trick (your drive will then see all the tracks and you will be able to rip)  B)
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #4
Open EAC, open drive tray from program, load CD and close tray. Click on "Action"-->"TOC Alterations"-->"Detect TOC Manually"
This usually does the trick (your drive will then see all the tracks and you will be able to rip)  B)

When I do that only "Retreive Native TOC" shows up...

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #5
Try going to the drive options and click on the second tab "Drive."  Then click the "Autodetect read command now."  Once that is done click OK.  Then go back into the drive options and the "Extraction Method" tab.  Click "Detect Read Features..."

That has helped me make some stubborn drives work.

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #6
Try going to the drive options and click on the second tab "Drive."  Then click the "Autodetect read command now."  Once that is done click OK.  Then go back into the drive options and the "Extraction Method" tab.  Click "Detect Read Features..."

That has helped me make some stubborn drives work.

When I click autodetect read command now it says "Drive does not contain a music cd", but suprise suprise, miracle of miracles, it does have a music cd in it.

Any other ways to rip it and have it work? Cause I don't think EAC's going to work..

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #7
Any other ways to rip it and have it work? Cause I don't think EAC's going to work..

I'm a bit surprised rjamorim hasn't chimed in yet, so I'll do it in his place.

Have you tried Cdex?

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #8

come on, it all depends on drive you're using.
There are drives that aren't going to rip a protected CD even if you use the best software...

But you still haven't said what drives are you using, and what protection the discs have...

List of drives for Key2Audio:
http://produits.zdnet.fr/test/82/1/1330.html

CDS200:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=68184

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=46159

The software to rip those discs are EAC, Feurio, CloneCD, Easy CDDA Extractor, etc.

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #9
ASPI 4.60 installed?

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #10
When running on WinXP you sometimes need to run EAC in Win2k compatability mode to solve this.  Worked for me.
Was that a 1 or a 0?

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #11
This problem could have been addressed by 1) RTFM or 2) using the user support forum.  Try to avail yourself of the included documentation which is always with EAC.

L8R

B)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Help ripping some cd's?

Reply #12

I'm a bit surprised rjamorim hasn't chimed in yet, so I'll do it in his place.

Have you tried Cdex?

Thank you! Fixage!

At least with Hotel Paper and After The Storm, havn't tried the rest yet. On after the storm on some songs it said it hade a few jitters (errors) in some songs tho, havn't had the time to really listen to the songs yet but are these jitters actually audible? A big deal or not?? Or well I suppose I'll just find out if I listen..