Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 784681 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #225
After updating from beta 7, cover images behave strangely. I don't have much info yet, more than that it's a difference based on what display mode I use.

Reproduced for display modes with less than 32-bit colors.

Please redownload both components to see if these issues have been fixed.

Yep, that fixed it for me (for both components). Thanks.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #226
The search box no longer keeps a history of recently used searches. Too bad. I don't understand why you removed it.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #227
Hey, thanks for developing this awesome plugin!

Just a question.. is it possible to add custom fields in "Statistics"? I would love to add %album artist% in there.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #228
Why don't you add it yourself? 
Just go to facets preferences and add any column you like. Note that you can add everything that is possible by title formatting but you won't be able to add a statistical column which would require aggregating functions. However, %album artist% ist not about statistics.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #229
The thing is, I use the directory name as the primary column, and would like album artist to be a secondary statistic so it doesn't make multiple entries for the same folder if the %album artist% is different, which it is for my "[Non-album tracks]" folder where I just put tracks that don't belong in albums.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #230
How about an album artist column like:

Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%path%,Non-album tracks),Various Artists,%album artist%)

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #231
In the new facets the middleclick behaviour changed in a way that makes it impossible for me to use the middleclick in an effective manner. When i wished to add a multiple selection of entries to facets playlist by middleclick i just had to select the multiple entries and to middleclick the last one so that the whole selection was included in the playlist interaction. As my mouse has a sidebutton which is assigned as ctrl-key i get used to handle a multiple selection by middleclick very quickly. Now  i have to add each entry seperately what is the more cumbersome the more entries the selection contains.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #232
After updating from beta 7, cover images behave strangely. I don't have much info yet, more than that it's a difference based on what display mode I use. Also, cover sizes seems to be resetted to a very small size after restarting foobar2000.

As you can see, there also seems to be some problems with the new simplaylist, that cover displayed correctly in beta 7.

Wow. I really like that foobar setup. Mind showing me the secrets?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #233
I'm having troubles finding documentation on how to structure a query for the Default short order option, when multiple tag keywords are concerned. Ideally, I want to use something like "%album artist% %album% %discnumber% %tracknumber%" but then the results are not what I expect.

Is there some specific separator between keywords needed? Maybe the field supports a single-keyword only?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #234
I'm having troubles finding documentation on how to structure a query for the Default short order option, when multiple tag keywords are concerned. Ideally, I want to use something like "%album artist% %album% %discnumber% %tracknumber%" but then the results are not what I expect.

Some more info would be great, like for example what you expected to see and what you got instead.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #235
Wow. I really like that foobar setup. Mind showing me the secrets?

I don't think there are any secrets, it's facets and simplaylist with some simple titleformatting and if you have a properly tagged library that's all you need. Send me a PM if there's something you want to know, it's OT here.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #236

Some more info would be great, like for example what you expected to see and what you got instead.

Nah, it was a misunderstanding on my part. Default Short Order applies to items outbound for playlists, not Facet views. I just created a custom column and everything is golden.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #237
Hi there!

First of all: THANK YOU for your great plugin. I can't think about a foobar2000 layout without Facets. Really.

So, there's my question: actually, we've got horizontal and vertical positionning. I'd like to know if you plan to add a kind of "mix" of these two? I'd really like to have three facets on a first line (genres/artists/albums) AND, on a second line, a facet that would display multiple columns, like track number, title, ratings, etc.

Yeah, I know: I can do this by using the "playlist" panel. But I already use this one as a "currently playing" panel. In other words, I'd like to have something like the default WinAMP behavior.

Have you any plans for this?

Thank you for any replies!

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #238
To be blunt. Just use winamp for winamp like behavior. You are not limited to one 'currently playing playlist' panel in foobar2000.

Just put a tabbed playlist container in your configuration and use as many playlists as you want / need.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #239
If I wanted to use WinAMP, it's already what I would do, right?

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #240
Is there any way to change the size of the cover art back to what it was in the earlier beta versions?

Perhaps you could add an option to set the maximum dimensions for it.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #241
Is there any way to change the size of the cover art back to what it was in the earlier beta versions?

As for resizing the cover art, the wiki page already explains it.

"Images can be resized/zoomed by holding the Ctrl key and rotating the mouse wheel. "

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #242
BTW I can't seemed to be able to integrate it with column UI. Couldn't find it under Insert Panel menu anywhere.

Menu > Toolbar > Layout only shows Live Editing and the theme that I'm currently using.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #243
that's because it's for default UI only.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #244
Read Post #1 > Click "Download" Link > At "Download" location: Scroll to bottom of page ...

----------------------------------------------------------------
foobar2000: Components Repository - Facets
Tags: Default UI element, media library viewer, search
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #245
is it not supported on column_UI? Aww.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #246
i just noticed you can have it as a popup window from the "Library" menu. it works in columns UI as well. ok, it's not the same as a panel but it's still pretty cool.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #247
Yea I guess I could resort to that. Too bad it's didn't match nicely with my theme.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #248

As for resizing the cover art, the wiki page already explains it.

"Images can be resized/zoomed by holding the Ctrl key and rotating the mouse wheel. "

Oh, thanks. It wasn't immediately obvious from any of the options in foobar2000, so I didn't think it could be done.

Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #249
Hey, I have problems with the resizing of the images. I am using a Laptop without a mouse and scrolling only with multitouch. Till now every software accepted the touchpad as a wheel but not this resizingfunction.
Maybe you could add a key for resizing? Like "+" and "-"?

Greetz!