Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: unable to remove library monitored directory (Read 1408 times) previous topic - next topic

unable to remove library monitored directory

Well, i think title says it all  I've been a long time user of foobar2000, never had any problems until now.

The situation is as follows:

I want to remove the monitored directory. Soon as i press OK or APPLY in f2k preferences screen after i remove the directory from Media Library watch list, foobar hangs at 100% cpu usage. After 15minutes of no disk activity i killed the process, then after restarting foobar the directory is again in the monitored list with no way of getting rid of it.

Clean install is not an option for me as i use tech skin which was (as any more complicated skin for f2k) painfully complicated to install and I would not wish to have to undergo that again under any circumstances, if that was the only solution I'd rather use symlink being able to monitor only one directory as it is.

My question is, is there a .ini file someplace, or a registry setting, which I could change and on next startup f2k would think it never monitored any directory ?

Using Windows 8 64bit, foobar2000 1.1.18, core2duo 2.66ghz, 4gb ram, 1gb nvidia 550ti
Any other info i should provide feel free to ask I'll do my best to provide it.

Thanks!

Reply #1
Sounds like the "painfully complicated to install" skin is causing extreme lag on mass removal of media library items. Perhaps you should wait patiently to let it finish - leave fb2k running overnight perhaps?

Alternatively, after killing fb2k process you get asked whether you want to start in safe mode on next fb2k startup - use safe mode to change the configuration then restart.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Thanks for the suggestions i will try both of them. I know clean install would be probably for the best, but i really spent a *lot* of time tinkering with the skin, editing small things here and there that I in fact don't believe I'd get it to look and work same as it does now again without copying over some files form the original install, which would defeat the purpose of clean install.

If you don't hear form me again then one of your suggestions worked

Thanks for your support and an awesome audio player/manager!