Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 390670 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #425
Stanley, excuse me for troubling you for no reason – I missed that Load Queue function. But here's a good suggestion (in addition to putting "Delete Input Files" checkbox somewhere in the main window): set an appropriate advance value for the sliders. In other words: Ogg Vorbis quality slider, when you click it, advances by two, but it would make more sense, if it would advance by one! AAC+ Bitrate slider advances by 22, but 16 would be logical. I don't know about FAAC (by the way, FAAC's Average Bitrate option button is unselectable). HelixMP3 slider moves 30 points - 16 is logical. Don't know about WavPack. Thanks!

Reply #426
Stanley, excuse me for troubling you for no reason – I missed that Load Queue function. But here's a good suggestion (in addition to putting "Delete Input Files" checkbox somewhere in the main window): set an appropriate advance value for the sliders. In other words: Ogg Vorbis quality slider, when you click it, advances by two, but it would make more sense, if it would advance by one! AAC+ Bitrate slider advances by 22, but 16 would be logical. I don't know about FAAC (by the way, FAAC's Average Bitrate option button is unselectable). HelixMP3 slider moves 30 points - 16 is logical. Don't know about WavPack. Thanks!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/dlupdate.htm]Here[/url] is a new revision, with m3u support improved (you can now drag an m3u file into MediaCoder or its icon on desktop), and set the slider advances you mentioned.

Reply #427
Thanx for the use of this great program...it makes better cup of coffee now, though still too much cream

Reply #428
Optimus, your program is great, thanks! It's just what I needed for transcoding lots of mp3s into aacPlusv2. However, MediaCoder contains a nasty bug that is also present in at least one other video transcoding GUI incorporating Coding Tech's aacPlusv2 encoding namely, RealAnime. This particular bug introduces an audio delay of about +100ms when transcoding videos to files containing audio streams encoded with CT's aacPlusv2. This delay is hardly noticeable, but is definitely present. I informed RealAnime's author about this and he acknowledged the bug's presence in his program (check out RealAnime's thread in Doom9 where issue is discussed) but was as of yet unable to find a fix. I hope you guys get to the root of this problem and find a solution. Thanks once again for your cool program!

Reply #429
This particular bug introduces an audio delay of about +100ms when transcoding videos to files containing audio streams encoded with CT's aacPlusv2. This delay is hardly noticeable, but is definitely present.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352640"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you check enc_aacplus.exe (get link from my signature) too?

Reply #430
you can now drag an m3u file into MediaCoder or its icon on desktop), and set the slider advances you mentioned.

Optimus, the m3u support works great. But you misinterpreted what I suggested about the sliders! I was talking about advancement, which occurs, when you click to the left, or to the right of this little square, that you usually drag'n'drop. Right now the sliders are unusable, because they have this step set to dragging. But what I've suggested, concerns clicking to the right or to the left on the slider bar, not dragging.

So if I click the left button now the value should become 3.80 (advancement by 1.00). And for AAC+, FAAC and HelixMP3 it should be 16. But please leave the drag'n'drop behavior like it was before (advances by 0.01 for Vorbis and by 1 for AAC+, FAAC and HelixMP3). Probably a value of 64 would be good for WavPack's Hybrid Compression (right now it's 1915).

Also not the "Delete Input Files" checkbox placement - just an idea where to place it. Thank you!

Reply #431
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352655"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

dimzon, encoding a wave file into aacplusv2 with enc_aacplus.exe and muxing it with a video stream using YAMB mp4Box GUI still produces files with a +100ms delay.

Optimus, here's a another bug to keep you busy  Encoding mp3s with a samplerate of 48khz into CT's aacplusv2 produces lower-pitched and lengthier audio files. This happens when using "Winamp Input Plugins" as the "Source" option. Using MPlayer as source produces correctly pitched audio files though... This has been tested on MediaCoder 0.3.4 build 1167.

Reply #432

dimzon, encoding a wave file into aacplusv2 with enc_aacplus.exe and muxing it with a video stream using YAMB mp4Box GUI still produces files with a +100ms delay.

Optimus, here's a another bug to keep you busy  Encoding mp3s with a samplerate of 48khz into CT's aacplusv2 produces lower-pitched and lengthier audio files. This happens when using "Winamp Input Plugins" as the "Source" option. Using MPlayer as source produces correctly pitched audio files though... This has been tested on MediaCoder 0.3.4 build 1167.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352688"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will add a workaround for the 100ms delay and it won't be difficult at all.
As for the 48khz issue, could u open the console window and check if the winamp in_mp3.dll recogizes the MP3 file's sample rate correctly?

Reply #433
A workaround has been added.

A common option to adjust audio delay has benen added (at Overall/Audio Options/Audio Delay, valid range is +/- 30 seconds).
Also fixed scroll advances.
Download update

Reply #434

dimzon, encoding a wave file into aacplusv2 with enc_aacplus.exe and muxing it with a video stream using YAMB mp4Box GUI still produces files with a +100ms delay.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352688"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanx for testing!
Seems like this is enc_aacplus.dll problem.... 

Reply #435
Encoding files that contain hashes or percentages in filenames eg. "Exit#.mp3" "%Exit.mp3"  into an mp4 container causes mp4box to crash and the encode to skip. Is there a way around this other than renaming?
(MediaCoder 0.3.4 build 1167)

Reply #436
Encoding mp3s that contain ID3 v1 and v2 tags to the mp4 container results in metadata corresponding to its ID3v1 counterpart. This will be undesirable when transcoding files containing both versions of ID3 and where ID3v1 metadata is limited by that particular version's constraints, but also includes unconstrained ID3v2 entries.

Reply #437
Hi,

1) Is there anywhere a manual for the mediacoder?

2)

I do not know if I am off topic, but I do not know where else to post this message.

I have some problems with the proper tagging oof the filenames.

I try to convert a cd image (wav+cue) to the corresponding mp3's but the filename is not what I have specified in the "tagging and naming" options.

It seems that the option always default to this:

".\codecs\lame.exe" "$(SourceFile)" "$(DestFile)" --priority 1 -q 0 -r -x -s $(SampleRate) -k --vbr-new -V 6 --tt "$(Title)" --ta "$(Artist)" --tl "$(Album)" --ty "$(Year)" --tn "$(Track)" --tg "$(Genre)" --tc "$(Comment)"

I'd like to now what the "tagging and naming" options precisely do:

* Transfer tags
* Use formatted output filenames
* Output filename format 
* Output directory structure

I used "$(Track) - $(Title) --- $(Artist) - $(album)" for output filename format, but it does not work, I tried several of the other options too.

for example, I always get this as a result,

Various - L'Âge d'Or de la Musique Égyptienne.track2.mp3

and not  "$(Track) - $(Title) --- $(Artist) - $(album)"

thanks

Reply #439
Hi,

I also think this looks like a great tool. I only found it yesterday.

I have a question though. I am wanting to use it to transcode all my FLAC files which I use with my fantastic SONOS system to both MP3 and WMA for use on portable players. When I tested this on a few files I could only get the tags transferred across for the MP3, not the WMA.

Am I missing something or is FLAC -> WMA transcoding with tags not possible?

-----------

Shameless plug: I have no affiliation to SONOS other than very satisfied customer but anyone interested in a home music system could do worse than look here - www.sonos.com

Reply #440
Sorry to say that WMA tagging is not supported yet.
If you wanna see tags in your portable player, you can use formatted file name function to make the file name contain the tags you need.

Reply #441
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356451"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your reply.
Do have any idea if and when tags in WMA will be supported?

Reply #442
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356451"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your reply.
Do have any idea if and when tags in WMA will be supported?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356735"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As soon as any tagger utility that supports WMA can be found.

Reply #443
MediaCoder 0.3.5 is out. Please uninstall the previous version and download the full pack to upgrade.
Now 3gpp reference AAC+ encoder is included in the full pack and can just be brought into play.
Yesterday AOL has sent me a mail to press me to stop bundling Nullsoft Winamp plugins and AAC+V2 encoder in MediaCoder distribution. So I have replaced all Nullsoft stuff with open source alternatives. Let's say good bye to Nullsoft. However, the interfacing code is still there. Whether using it or not is up to you (of course you need to agree the statement shown).

EDIT: Something missing in the package. Repackaged the full pack.

Reply #444
Optimus, there's a small mistake in the program. For Ogg Vorbis quality settings you should use a coma instead of point (2,75 instead of 2.75), otherwise it encodes as though there's nothing after the first integer (2.75 becomes 2,00).

It's a pity to loose an opportunity to encode freely with Coding Technologies aacPlus... 3GPP is not that good.

Reply #445
Optimus, there's a small mistake in the program. For Ogg Vorbis quality settings you should use a coma instead of point (2,75 instead of 2.75), otherwise it encodes as though there's nothing after the first integer (2.75 becomes 2,00).

It's a pity to loose an opportunity to encode freely with Coding Technologies aacPlus... 3GPP is not that good.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358307"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's amazing that the bug has existed for such a long time...

You can still encode with CT AAC+ encoder, simply install Winamp, and point the AAC+ encoder DLL (in settings dialog) to the enc_aacplus.dll in the Winamp's "plugins" folder.

Reply #446
The vorbis bug is fixed. Really thanks for finding this out.
I'm re-packaging the full pack and uploading it. As I'm having problem accessing sourceforge these several days, you can only download from cosoft.org.cn at this moment.

EDIT: uploaded.

Reply #447
Yesterday AOL has sent me a mail to press me to stop bundling Nullsoft Winamp plugins and AAC+V2 encoder in MediaCoder distribution. So I have replaced all Nullsoft stuff with open source alternatives. Let's say good bye to Nullsoft. However, the interfacing code is still there. Whether using it or not is up to you (of course you need to agree the statement shown).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358273"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sad news, are you really scared? Damn, who is AOL to order you to stop bundling AAC+V2 encoder in MediaCoder distribution? Please, back full support for AAC+V2 as soon as possible.

Reply #448
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358273"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sad news, are you really scared? Damn, who is AOL to order you to stop bundling AAC+V2 encoder in MediaCoder distribution? Please, back full support for AAC+V2 as soon as possible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358471"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's AOL's representitive lawyer who sent me that mail. The words in the mail was implying that I am pirating their intellecture property, including the input plugins and the CT aacPlus encoder plugin.
But it doesn't matter, all the input plugins have high quality open source alternatives. As for the AAC+ encoder, I am considering optimizing the 3GPP AAC+ myself.

Reply #449
Kostarum, haven't you read? It doesn't matter, that CT AAC+ is not bundled now, because you can easily use the one bundled with Winamp in MediaCoder.

Optimus, I tried to add cue to MediaCoder today. Here's an example of what's in the cue:

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']FILE "CDImage.ape"
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "I cant't believe that you're in love with me"
    PERFORMER "Errol Garner"
    ISRC DEG730014666
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Stardust"
    PERFORMER "Errol Garner"
    ISRC DEG730014667
    INDEX 00 02:34:35
    INDEX 01 02:36:35
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Loot to boot"
    PERFORMER "Errol Garner"
    ISRC DEG730014668
    INDEX 00 05:18:42
    INDEX 01 05:20:42
[/span]

MediaCoder finishes the first track, adds tags to it, but never goes on to the next track. Unless you press Stop two times. Then cancel, when it asks to overwrite the first track. And so it encodes the second track. Again freezes at the end. So you press Stop two times. Cancel two times (to skip track 1 and 2). And there it goes encoding track 3... etc