Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Definitive Custom Buttons Thread (Read 756492 times) previous topic - next topic

The Definitive Custom Buttons Thread

Reply #150
I made my first buttons in silver, transparent and white in 20x40 (and some in 20x48).
I don't know how they look on vista, because i only have xp...

(All of the attached *.fcb-files contains a full set of my buttons, so you might need to remove the unneeded ones or delete some separators to fit on your screen).

(Edit)
And a little question:
I created a "volume mute"-button (included in the set) and i want to hold it with the mouseover-image as long as i "push" the button again. Is it possible?

(Edit2)
Oops, i attached the wrong *.zip-file with incorrect "transparent_white" files.
Sorry, i uploaded again.

(Edit3)
Attached an update with new *.fcb-files.

Reply #151
I completely reworked and renamed three of my button-sets, therefore i added a new reply instead of editing my old one again.

"Metal" now look like metal and not like a badly drawn metal-coloured plastic, i think...

Because i now created what i was searching for (the "sober symbol"-set, a very very simple set ), the attached buttons will be my last ones until i own a vista os.

The button-sets now contains full-sets and modules to be able to freely combine between normal and slimline sets.

I hope you will find my buttons useful  (because i don't know how they look on vista) 

Btw. the sets also contains the background.png's to create your own buttons based on my styles if you want to.
I used Paint.NET to create them and pngout.exe to compress them.

(EDIT: spelling)

(EDIT2: Added "Sober Symbol Set" as icons for DUI)

Reply #152
Another one BOo! 

An example :

Thanks to chrfb

Reply #153
Im looking for a good source for custom buttons for the new foobar. Seems you cant use .fcb anymore unless I am missing something.

Reply #154
Hey I'm new to the forums 

Thought i'd make some button packs for you all since i found some icons lying around on my hd

carbon

onebit

radiant

Each come in sizes 16x16 | 24x24 | 32x32 & i put a small folder called "extras" with a few additional icons of the same style that you might find useful

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

I got the "Unsupported format or corrupted file" message when trying to load it with the current version CUI. Can you fix it?

Reply #155
c10k buttons for those who use that wonderful style. If you want more compact buttons tell me. (this buttons fits perfectly beneath my 300*300 album art)

where is the fcb bro?

Reply #156
Hey I'm new to the forums 

Thought i'd make some button packs for you all since i found some icons lying around on my hd

carbon

onebit

radiant

Each come in sizes 16x16 | 24x24 | 32x32 & i put a small folder called "extras" with a few additional icons of the same style that you might find useful

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

I got the "Unsupported format or corrupted file" message when trying to load it with the current version CUI. Can you fix it?

Yea i would love to use the Carbon buttons again!!! Anyone got a fix ?

Reply #157

After some search in this forum, I got the answer that it is because of some fcb is generated by the very old versions of column UI, and can be only opened by them.
However I don't know where can download the old version of column UI.

Reply #158

After some search in this forum, I got the answer that it is because of some fcb is generated by the very old versions of column UI, and can be only opened by them.

You can use 0.1.3 beta1 v7 to import broken fcb and then export fixed. Carbon 16x16 also attached.

Reply #159
Thanks Bladru!

Reply #160
Just saw the update

Thanks!!!

Reply #161

You can use 0.1.3 beta1 v7 to import broken fcb and then export fixed. Carbon 16x16 also attached.

Really.  Just trawled through this entire post trying to figure out why 9.6.8 was rejecting every .fcb - maybe this should be added to the OP.  Also the bit about having to install libgpng and zlib.  Are they working on fixing the core or columns_ui so .fcbs of all vintages will work again?  Or how about a thread for new .fcbs that do work with current versions?

Reply #162
thx

Reply #163
Ecqlipse2 :

Reply #164
how do i install custom playback buttons in 1.0? i have an fcb file, but i don't know what to do with it

when i right click on the buttons and go to customize buttons, i can change them using .ico files. is there a way to use the fcb file i have?

Reply #165
.fcb files are for columns UI which is an alternative user interface for foobar.

using the default UI, you're limtied to using 16x16 ico files.

Reply #166
.fcb files are for columns UI which is an alternative user interface for foobar.

using the default UI, you're limtied to using 16x16 ico files.

thanks for the prompt reply.

i have a new problem though. the new icons i'm installing are terribly blurry! i've tried multiple icons in all sizes from 16x16 all the way up to 128x128 with the same results..

Reply #167
Quick request for all the smart people on here - does anyone have any iphone or ipod buttons that I could use with the foo_dop add-on?  Or anything even vaguely like an iphone or ipod button??
That would be very cool... 

Reply #168
I hope I can help, I partially found the carbon buttons on the net

Reply #169
1) Right click on your buttons, choose "Customize" from the popup menu.
2) Click the [Tools] button at the bottom and select "Load from file..." from the popup menu.
3) Browse to the .fcb file you downloaded and click [Open].
4) Click [OK] and your new buttons should replace your old ones.

If you are creating your own buttons, remember that they need to all be the same height.  Only buttons the same height as the button with the largest height will show up.

I can't find this button.  Can you give me a screenshot ?

Reply #170
if you can't see a tools button, i don't think you're using columns UI.

Reply #171
nice thread!
maybe there's somebody who can help me with this foobar 1.0 problem: i created PNG buttons for foobar 0.9 which were quite large (32x32). Now i tried to get these buttons into foobar 1.0 which doesn't seem to work. Is the ico format the only one which is supported? And is there any possibility to get large icons (eg 32x32)?

Reply #172
Is the ico format the only one which is supported? And is there any possibility to get large icons (eg 32x32)?

As far as i know, only .ico and .bmp is supported.
Just load your 32x32 buttons in one of these formats.
Oh and take care that you don't have any toolbars, eq's etc. that are fixed in size in the
same row.

Reply #173
i created PNG buttons for foobar 0.9 which were quite large (32x32). Now i tried to get these buttons into foobar 1.0 which doesn't seem to work.
Perhaps you were using some alternative user interface like Columns UI instead?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #174
i created PNG buttons for foobar 0.9 which were quite large (32x32). Now i tried to get these buttons into foobar 1.0 which doesn't seem to work.
Perhaps you were using some alternative user interface like Columns UI instead?

Thx Gapkiller and Yirkha! Yes, i was using Columns UI with foobar 0.9 and now it's the "Default user interface" - didn't realized that. So i have to use Columns UI to get PNGs work?