Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need assistance with interpreting AccurateRip & CTDB results (Read 3947 times) previous topic - next topic

Need assistance with interpreting AccurateRip & CTDB results

Hey there,
so I'm trying to verify that all my FLACs are ripped correctly.
I looked at multiple programs to do that (foobar, lossless audio checker)
but i think using CUETools with AccurateRip + CTDB does best what i want to do.

Basically i don't know how to interpret those results:

AR: offset 2543, rip accurate (5/13)

i sometimes get large offsets, like >1000, is this still ok and the "accurate" still correct?

AR: rip accurate (1/1)

is a confidence of 1 enough to tell it is ok?

AR: rip accurate (3/6)     CTDB differs in 18 samples, confidence 6, or verified OK, confidence 6, or differs in 18 samples, confidence 1, or verified OK, confidence 2.

what is when it differs in samples? is that still OK? other pressing? plus, is a confidence of 3/6 ok? looks to me like its 50% not accurate

CTDB could not be verified.

why couldn't it create CTDB (AR worked?)

i hope the FLAC forum was the right one and someone can help me with this, AccurateRip is kinda new to me (just used it with EAC along the way but without paying much attention)

Regards
Sebastian

Need assistance with interpreting AccurateRip & CTDB results

Reply #1
It appears you're using a 'batch mode' input and looking at the single line summary in the batch log window. I would suggest looking at the full log as well.
Under Verify on the AccurateRip tab in the Advanced Settings section, check 'Write AccurateRip log' and 'In source folder'. This will create a text file (default %filename%.accurip) in the same folder that the files being verified are in. You can view the file with a text editor like notepad. Some help reading that file can be found here.
korth