Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Setup (Read 3848 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Setup

I apologise if this has been asked before, by I couldn't search for EAC threads as it has less than 4 characters.

Ive just downloaded EAC and Im trying to use it to record mp3s using LAME with the --alt-preset standard command line option.

When I go to Compression Options --> External Compression:
I add --alt-preset standard to the 'additional command line options' but I cant get it to use this option instead of the bit rate chosen in the 'Bitrate' pull-down menu. Is the VBR 192kbps the same as --alt-preset standard ?

Im sorry if this is a really stupid question but I would be really grateful for any help.
Gordon

EAC Setup

Reply #1
Try this:

- uninstall your current EAC

- open Regedit (RUN -> regedit.exe) and delete the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAWSoftware"

- download the latest LAME stable version from http://mitiok.cjb.net/ and extract it into some folder

- download the current EAC and install it (www.exactaudiocopy.de)

It should ask where your lame.exe is, and automatically configure itself for MP3 extraction, using --alt-preset standard.

This is the hard way, but effective.

EAC Setup

Reply #2
Cheers for the help.  Ive got it to work now.
Gordon