Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Identifying Song, help needed! (Read 6532 times) previous topic - next topic

Identifying Song, help needed!

Anyone knows which Artist and Title this is??
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Reply #1
If the song is a valid rip, you can try using Winamp's Auto-Tag function. you can also try any of the programs that use MusicBainz (sp?).
Glass half full!

Reply #2
if it were I wouldn't ask here. I also tried tunatic (track id software) which gave me no results.
but thanks for the reply... anyone else??

Reply #3
editing it, i run to TVT string near "UUU" blocks, so maybe something from "TVT records"
and then maybe not

[edit] well checking now, many mp3's have TVT in string in them , especially those with "Info" identification. so wrong conclusion, sorry

Reply #4
I hope this will help!
I've announced a new service - http://audiotag.info - free music recognition robot. Please try it out.

Reply #5
I already tried it there.  No joy I'm afraid.

The track is not English or Russian though.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #6
Would it help us to know how you acquired this file?

Reply #7
I'm afraid I cannot remember that. I went through my singles a week ago to clean up tags and found it. I guess it's from around 2002 since all the files in that folder were...
My guess on the language were Japanese^^

Thanks for your help, so far!

Reply #8
I tried playing the sample but it is too short.  I know I have heard this song before but I simply cannot tell from this ~10 second clip.  Would you mind posting another clip at 30 seconds of length involving singing (preferably the chorus)?  I have a large Japanese "metal" collection so it would be easy for me to identify.  However, the riff seems reminiscent of the nu-metal days (ie late 90's, early 2000's).

Reply #9
This clip is ~28sec long. dunno why the embedded player just plays a few seconds of it. try downloading it.

edit: you've got a pm

Reply #10
<offtopic>I generally use Firefox and Quicktime picks up MP3 links.  It always seems to truncate MP3s. </offtopic>

I can confirm that the clip is longer; I downloaded it.
I'm on a horse.