Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero Digital Audio+ 1.0.7.0 released (Read 31983 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero Digital Audio+ 1.0.7.0 released

Reply #25
Ah yes, the power conundrum.  Are mobile phone CPUs more powerful, robust and further along than that of DAPs (it would appear the answer is yes)?  If so, is that because managing communication is a more processor-intensive task than simply playing back media files (I think I answered my own question)?

And really just about any system, device, phone, PDA, gadget, etc under the sun running Windows Mobile/PPC supports full HE-AACv2 with a free program called "TCPMP."

I installed it personally on 3 of my friends' phones, along with every PALM and PocketPC and Smartphone I ever owned or even came across (with permission ).  Decodes wonderfully on even the lowest processors these things have (the decrepit 2001 200mhz ARM processor is no exception). 

No, the format is really very, very well supported.  It's a darn shame people just don't realize *what* it's actually supported on.
Copy Restriction, Annulment, & Protection = C.R.A.P. -Supacon

Reply #26
And really just about any system, device, phone, PDA, gadget, etc under the sun running Windows Mobile/PPC supports full HE-AACv2 with a free program called "TCPMP."

a) Which AAC plugin are you using?

b) Can you report about a specific PDA from your experience which has a good sound quality and good battery life when using LC-AAC?
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #27
Regarding the quality tunings, this should be all HE AAC bitrates between 56 and 72 kbps. These tunings take a lot of time, we hope to give you some more in the next release.

Regarding the iTunes gapless stuff, this is not included, I have no idea if it will be in any next version.

Thanks...I tested it and sounds better, quite better, and the speed nothing to say very faster.
Sorry for my bad english.

Reply #28
Are there any plans to tune HE-AAC v2 as well?

Reply #29

a) Which AAC plugin are you using?

b) Can you report about a specific PDA from your experience which has a good sound quality and good battery life when using LC-AAC?

a) The Rarewares one. 
b) I've used the Asus, the non-VGA dell with 2100mAh battery, some audiovox one, etc. 

They pretty much all last a good long time as long as you keep them on powersave mode and assign a button to turn off the lcd touchscreen ("screen toggle" in TCPMP). 

They even have dynamic equalizers, support all your playlists, bassboost and 3D audio on some models (Asus, Dell x50), etc. 

Hope I could help  But I guess all this "PPC device" stuff is besides the point--that this stuff is really widely supported wherever Windows Mobile is (even Palm and phones use this now, and they all run TCPMP).
Copy Restriction, Annulment, & Protection = C.R.A.P. -Supacon

Reply #31
I'm experiencing a problem with this release. I feed a mono PCM file to it, and the encoder (SSE2 version) outputs a stereo file.
This is my commandline, if it matters:
Code: [Select]
neroAacEnc_SSE2.exe -br 24000 -2pass -if cv3.wav -of cv3.mp4

I tried quality-managed mode and single pass mode, but it keeps outputting a stereo file which doesn't really make sense. Is this a known problem I don't know a workaround for, or a recent bug? Can I do something on my end to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

Reply #32
I'm experiencing a problem with this release. I feed a mono PCM file to it, and the encoder (SSE2 version) outputs a stereo file.
This is my commandline, if it matters:
Code: [Select]
neroAacEnc_SSE2.exe -br 24000 -2pass -if cv3.wav -of cv3.mp4

I tried quality-managed mode and single pass mode, but it keeps outputting a stereo file which doesn't really make sense. Is this a known problem I don't know a workaround for, or a recent bug? Can I do something on my end to fix it? Thanks in advance.

try adding -he to the commandline. it might be automatically using HEv2(which is in a way, stereo)

Reply #33
Yes, tried that as well, didn't work. Have you tried replicating it?

Reply #34
Nevermind, Ivan and Garf have answered that in another thread. The issue had something to do with the mono file being decoded to two channels since decoders don't know if it was encoded with parametric stereo (which I personally find rather strange). Oh well.