Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official GUID(s) / wFormat tag(s) for AAC ? (Read 3378 times) previous topic - next topic

Official GUID(s) / wFormat tag(s) for AAC ?

A short question to the experts here, are there any docs about what profiles are to be differentiated for Dshow playback of AAC, and what GUID(s) and/or wFormat tag(s) are defined for the individual profiles ?

This would help us a lot for the upcoming AAC support in matroska from mkvmerger ... thanks in advance

Christian

Any admin care to edit my bad bad topic for this posting ? Of course it should be

'Official GUID(s) / wFormat tag(s) for AAC ?'

thanks

Reply #1
Guys, hurry up, Mosu can mux AAC into matroska already and play it on Linux using mplayer, we need these crazy GUIDs badly now  !!

Reply #2
I never heard of any official specification on that.

Maybe you can create your own? :B

Reply #3
Well, we could easily investigate what GUID 3ivX is using for their AAC DShow filters, but i wonder if there wasnt an official listing somewhere ? 3iVX couldnt simply use their own, at least if they want to be specs compliant in some way. But maybe there is no sich thing at all, as M$ has WMA as direct competitor to AAC and the MPEG-LA dont want to define anything for M$ OSes, and DirectShow  ? 

The other existing filters are no help here i guess, as Nic's 'crappy beta' filter is cerrtainly a non-standard compliant GUID as he packed AAC into WAV by giving it a WAV header, and the other guys who are offering their filter sources for use of AAC with their MPX container ( i always forget the name of the company  ) were certainly going for new GUID also.

I guess i have to search for these MPEGABLE people to find out ....  ....