Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is the best settings for LAME 3.93 @CBR 192/128 mp3? (Read 4470 times) previous topic - next topic

What is the best settings for LAME 3.93 @CBR 192/128 mp3?

Hi, i have listened and downloaded some (according to EncSpot) LAME 3.93x oriented era versions of MP3s at either CBR 128, or 192, both with full stereo, and i really liked the way they sounded, for my ears they sound much more lively and i really like the way they sound so i am choosing it. Aware of newer LAME vers and joint-stereo and VBR i still want to keep my music at a @192 kbps CBR, but with best possible forced quality. I tried ripping myself with LAME 3.93 in foobar2000 with -b 192 -m s -h and it doesn't give me the same quality i got at those old mp3s.    I saw someone in a signature have "-npsytune" and other commands for "lame 3.93.1" as their usage. I really want to pump out the maximum quality with lame 3.93 or 3.93x using as much of the dirty switches (  ) as possible, including npsytune and other psychoacoustic fixes. Please help me know the best presets to minimize artifacts and sound loss. As long as the file size is not equal to a lossless file or 320 kbps, I am not afraid of having a bigger file size or a turtle slow encoding speed. Just please give me the best 'overclock' for LAME 3.93.1. thank you.

sorry if i put this in a wrong category this is my 1st time posting on this great forum.
lame -V0
or
fhgaacenc --vbr 6 or 5

What is the best settings for LAME 3.93 @CBR 192/128 mp3?

Reply #1
Please review the rules you agreed to follow paying close attention to #8.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3974

Until you can support your claims about sound quality per TOS#8 which was put in place to address this very sort of post, this discussion will remain closed.

Send me a PM once you've read, understood and acknowledged this rule; and, most importantly, are prepared to follow it.