Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Long live deprecated lossless formats!] From: Rubyripper [Linux]: (Read 1495 times) previous topic - next topic

[Long live deprecated lossless formats!] From: Rubyripper [Linux]:

Reply #1
hi greynol

because i like it and always have....  other people do too.....  once was very popular on the internet bootleg exchange sites....    was designed primarily for speech and conferences at Cambridge University by Tony Robinson....   

still a free world as regards choice of codec hmmm

a lot of people think you should only have flac and mp3      that to me would be a very dull world .........

PS i also like the extension    shn    because it is like a contraction of my name  :::::]]]]
yea yer roight !

Reply #2
Why would anyone be even remotely interested in shorten?

The OP himself is very interestet in shorten "sound". One of his first posts in here were about the cleaner sound of shn files against other lossless formats. These posts can be found in our "Recycle Bin" now where they belong.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #3
thanx for your kind words Wombat    i feel i have learnt something with your useful intervention on this thread concerned with Rubyripper ; and it will help other readers with Rubyripper Other code lines....[i take it you probably are an expert on RR]    i am so grateful you spent the time and effort ....
yea yer roight !

Reply #4
thanx for your kind words Wombat    i feel i have learnt something with your useful intervention on this thread concerned with Rubyripper ; and it will help other readers with Rubyripper Other code lines....[i take it you probably are an expert on RR]    i am so grateful you spent the time and effort ....

Expert on RR!? I used it some years back when it was new to play around. Guess what? It worked! I never felt the need to look for threads that explain me how to use it. Imagine if everyone that detects the obvious would always start a thread on a forum to report it
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #5
Hi again  you may not need the help  but many others who are struggling with new programs or info will find it useful
I also did it as a synoptic helper for quick reference when you want the line of code and do not have the time to hunt down all the details
I do not see why you intervene here; it is clearly too basic a thread for your needs
I find your intervention twice less than charitable but it seems to at times be the tone on this site; not just yourself  [i see many people belittled bullied and wonder why?]
Are we not here to share knowledge and help here; not goad people; we all share a love of audio matters
It is a big site...  may you find something at your lofty level elsewhere  .... This here will help people with less knowledge if not you...

You have brought nothing that is constructive to this thread and would appreciate if both your posts and my replies to them could be removed; I just wish for the informative posts to remain not the bickering about nothing  [this is for the attention of a kind MOD thanx]
yea yer roight !