Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: error: code 1, re-check parameters (Read 5110 times) previous topic - next topic

error: code 1, re-check parameters

so i have a bunch of ape files id like to convert to flac. i download the ape plugin and the player can now play the files without problem, but when i chose to simply convert to -> and pick flac, chose directory and start, i get an error code:

Error writing to file (Encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1; please re-check parameters) : file://F:\blabladirectory\Filename.flac

what and where are these parameters in the player? i have converted tons of other filetypes to flac before.

i have searched around but found nothing specific, so i just wanted to ask what this problem is?
if it has been posted and i haven't found it, maybe you can post a link to help? or if you know what this error code is, or if there is a site with explanations?

thanks

error: code 1, re-check parameters

Reply #1
Update your FLAC encoder to the latest version. In the FLAC encoding setting there is a button for that and put the encoder in the same directory as foobar2000.