Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC+FLAC = Filename named after Temp file (Read 3817 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC+FLAC = Filename named after Temp file

After trying to get this working ALL DAY, I give up and leave it to you guys and gals.

Exact Audio Copy is working fine, except - when I convert to FLAC, the FLAC program uses the TEMP file that EAC uses. The result is a FLAC file with all the right meta tags but named "Dtmp4!2)8.flac".

It works perfectly. However, the file name is a little wrong. Here's the script that produces this horror:

-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s

I've tried using %o and %d, but it won't work if I do that. I tried putting %s at the beginning, middle, then end and all in between.

Does anyone have a parameter string that works? That is, a string that exports the metadata AND creates a correct filename?

Thanks!

Reply #1
The wiki page is here.  However, it uses a similar syntax to you.

Are you using the lates version of EAC (b4)?

IIRC the file should be encoded using the temp name, but then EAC should rename it once the process has finished.

It is possible that this has somehow changed in beta 4.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
flac.exe is meant to do that if you don't mention an output filename with -o.

I don't use EAC with FLAC so I don't know if this will work, but have you tried -o %d?

Reply #3
OK, I've tried with an older version. Track13.wav gets renamed to a temporary wav file, gets compressed to a temporary .flac file, and then gets renamed to Track13.flac.

"Use external program for compression" is checked
User Defined Encoder
.flac
C:\path\to\flac.exe
Same options here. I didn't use -o.
128 kBit/s
"Delete WAV after compression" is checked
High quality

Everything else is unchecked.

Reply #4
kjoonlee -

The -o %d did the trick. THANKS!

Ordinarily, I would have just run EAC and FLAC separately, but I couldn't figure out how to get the freedb data from the EAC to the FLAC file without running it through EAC. Is there a way to do that? I don't much like using the two programs as they are - it seems like a kludge.

So, for anyone looking for how to run FLAC through EAC WITH the meta data (metadata) tags from freedb, the External Compression tab settings in EAC should be:

X Use external program for compression
Parameter passing scheme: User Defined Encoder
Use file extension: .flac
Program, including path: C:\Program Files\FLAC\flac.exe (or wherever you have put it)
Additional command line options (this is important):

-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s  -o %d

Bit rate: doesn't matter
X High quality
X Add ID3 tag (I want this in case I convert the FLAC to MP3)