Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack plugin for Steinberg's WaveLab (Read 26170 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack plugin for Steinberg's WaveLab

Thanks to gl.tter there is now a preliminary WavPack plugin for Steinberg's WaveLab. It allows loading basically all WavPack files, and also allows saving to WavPack lossless (including WaveLab's native 32-bit float mode).

Any feedback on this from WaveLab users is certainly appreciated! 

Here's the site: http://wavpack.gl.tter.org/

Reply #1
Very nice! 

Reply #2
GREAT NEWS. 

Reply #3
Thanks to gl.tter there is now a preliminary WavPack plugin for Steinberg's WaveLab.

Thanks for the announcement Dave.  I'm the author of the plugin.  It seems to work fine, but I still need more people trying it out to be sure.

Note that there are a couple of limitations (some due to Wavelab 5) and known issues in this beta version - be sure to read the included ReadMe file for all the details.

I'm monitoring this thread, so you can post your results right here.
Author of -Wavpack4Wavelab- and -CheckWavpackFiles-

Reply #4
I've just released the final 1.0 version of my Wavpack4Wavelab5 file I/O plugin.

Full details and download are here.

Thanks to everyone who tested the beta versions and provided feedback so far - if you find any more problems, see the ReadMe for contact details, or just report them in this thread.

Reply #5
I've updated my Wavelab plugs to v1.01, it fixes a bug related to MD5 hashing (see the site for details):
http://wavpack.gl.tter.org

Reply #6
Any chance of you doing a FLAC 1.1.2/1.1.3 plugin for Wavelab?

Reply #7
Any chance of you doing a FLAC 1.1.2/1.1.3 plugin for Wavelab?

Nope, Wavpack forever .  But Steinberg have included the file io plugin specs on the WL6 CD, anybody can code one now (if they haven't already).

Reply #8
I'd kill for a flac plugin.  I'd also buy you a six pack :-)