Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping from a "Nero image drive" (Read 3355 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping from a "Nero image drive"

I have two rather unimportant images which have been written by "Nero Image Drive". I have those drives mounted, but I'm not able to apply EAC on them. EAC does not show the drive as a valid cdrom drive.

How can I rip tracks of this nero image drive? I have no idea but I guess this should be easy. My goal is not to install too much bloatful software. What I have is eac, fb2k, winamp... On w2k.

Reply #1
EAC does not show the drive as a valid cdrom drive.

Are you sure? Try out latest EAC and ImageDrive, this should help. It is also possible to burn image onto CD-R/RW and then copy it as usually.

Reply #2
EAC does not show the drive as a valid cdrom drive.

Are you sure? Try out latest EAC and ImageDrive, this should help.

I have 0.95b3, this one does only show the "real" CD drive.

Yes, copy to a cdr/rw is a way.

Reply #3
Alcohol 120% should be able to mount your Nero image files (.nrg), and it's virtual drives will show up in EAC. There is a free 30 day trial.

Reply #4
I have done this many times with Daemon Tools. Avoid the cdrw solution because ripping may introduce errors.

Reply #5
I have done this many times with Daemon Tools. Avoid the cdrw solution because ripping may introduce errors.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

this is also a slick work around for [a href="http://www.emimusic.info/au_EN/cds300.html]"content protected"[/url] discs.

make an image of said disc (with ultraiso/nero/etc), then mount it with daemontools and all of it's emulations turned on. point EAC at this virtual drive. rip. done.