Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Information wanted - Freecom DVB-T stick formats (Read 2286 times) previous topic - next topic

Information wanted - Freecom DVB-T stick formats

I have a USB Freecom DVB-T stick which I use to record TV and radio.

The files come out as .mpg files. I can play them back using the software which came with the device. I am particularly interested in capturing the audio. Renaming the output files as .mp2 allows the files to be detected by some players, but the files do not play properly - they are chopped up a lot.

I haven't found any software yet which will handle the output from these Freeview devices - other than the software which came with it - which simply identifies itself as DVB-TPlayer.

If anyone has experience of this, and has succeeded in extracting or editing either the video or the audio from files of this type I'd appreciate any tips.

Information wanted - Freecom DVB-T stick formats

Reply #1
Have you tried using TMPGEnc Plus to demultiplex the stream?