Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Making a Dolby Digital Audio DVD? (Read 6080 times) previous topic - next topic

Making a Dolby Digital Audio DVD?

Hello, i'm having a little problem with this, so i wanted to know if anybody could help me.

I got several multichannel AC3 files ripped from an Audio DVD, the thing is that i want to burn this AC3 files onto a DVD to make a Dolby Digital DVD.

Which program will allow me to do this??
And, is there some procedure i have to do before burning these files onto a DVD?

Thanks in advance 

Reply #1
It looks like the program Audio DVD Creator (not to be confused with DVD-Audio) can do that.
You could try it at your own risk  It's not free, but 30 day trial.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #2
It seems that you can import various file formats, and have them converted to PCM (48/16 or 96/24) or AC3.

I haven't tried it, but it looks a little like any imported AC3 file would be decoded, and then re-encoded to AC3. You should check to see if files are always converted, because this would reduce the quality. It may even be restricted to stereo. I should download it and try it - and so should you!

There are expensive DVD authoring packages (e.g. Sony DVD architect) that allow you to burn AC3 files (and video!) to DVD for replay in standard DVD players. Totally overkill for what you want to do, but they do work.

Cheers,
David.