Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: Google Talk "Shows what music playing" (Read 42106 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: Google Talk "Shows what music playing"

http://www.google.com/talk/whatsnew_more.html
http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/ans...py?answer=43426
http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/ans...py?answer=44269

One of GTalk's latest features:
Music Status
Listening to music while on Google Talk? Now you can let your friends see what you're listening to by selecting "Show current music track" in your status menu. Your status message will change when your song does!"

How do I show my contacts what music I'm listening to?
If you'd like to show your contacts what music you're listening to at that very moment, select Show current music track from your status drop-down menu. Your status will automatically update each time your supported music player starts a new song, listing the track name and artist information. If you stop your music, your status will display as Available."

Which players are supported for music status?
We currently support the latest version of the following music players:

* iTunes
    * Windows Media Player
    * Winamp
    * Yahoo Music Engine

Do you think it's possible to get a foobar plugin to make it compatible?

Download the new client: http://desktop.google.com/download/googlet...tup-testing.exe

Reply #1
AMIP can do almost the same with all Google Talk versions, the only difference is that the text is displayed as usual status message without the music icon (as a bonus you can customize the song display format).
Please read AMIP help for details.

I guess Google Talk is searching for the player window and tries to get the title or uses other player specific API, foo_winamp_spam may make foobar pretend as Winamp and probably Google Talk will work with it, I didn't test it though.

Reply #2
Well I installed the foo_winamp_spam, I upgraded my google talk to the test version.. I restarted both programs and put the checkmark next to "Show current music track" ... it doesnt work. Google talk does not see the fake winamp window.

So unless there is something else about my setup to break things (can anyone else confirm if this does or does not work?) winamp spam is not a viable solution. Try AMIP or make a component.

Reply #4
hi

new version is out
http://talk.google.com/

if you need "Shows what music playing" just need one file in any direct called "winamp.m3u"
but you need also add direct to this file in regedit

example

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winamp]
@="E:\\Program Files\\Foobar2000"

when you add this direct in the regedit you need put winamp.m3u in E:\Program Files\Foobar2000

oh... you also need use Winamp API Emulator (foo_winamp_spam.dll)

if you see any troubles try use default string [%artist% - ]$if(%title%,%title%,%_filename%)

sorry for my English

Reply #5
The new version works without regedit change or the file in foobar dir

I have foo_winamp_spam.dll
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #6
Hey guys..I downloaded the beta 3 foo winamp spam and that freezes my google talk.
Can anyone help..much appreciated!!

Reply #7

yes it always work if you have install WinAMP but try unintall WinAMP

Hey guys..I downloaded the beta 3 foo winamp spam and that freezes my google talk.

check your direct to file in regedit and make empty "winamp.m3u"

Reply #8
hi, I succeeded in configurating, but it seems I can't find information of songs I listened to in Google Personalized music search. Can it make possible through this?

Reply #9
Yay! It works! Thank you very much MEK!

Reply #10

yes it always work if you have install WinAMP but try unintall WinAMP

check your direct to file in regedit and make empty "winamp.m3u"

What do you mean MEK can you elaborate on that. What do you mean by check direct file in regedit and where do I find that winamp.m3u

Reply #11
Did what MEK instructed, but does not seem to work :'(

Reply #13
Ok I installed winamp...unchecked associated files and all that stuff....and hey it works. Very nice. So its there I dont really see it and everything works fine.

Reply #14
hi
hi, I succeeded in configurating, but it seems I can't find information of songs I listened to in Google Personalized music search. Can it make possible through this?

try this http://www.google.com/searchhistory/?hl=en
Yay! It works! Thank you very much MEK!

np
What do you mean MEK can you elaborate on that. What do you mean by check direct file in regedit and where do I find that winamp.m3u

Did what MEK instructed, but does not seem to work :'(

Ok I installed winamp...unchecked associated files and all that stuff....and hey it works. Very nice. So its there I dont really see it and everything works fine.

Google Talk need see file winamp.m3u to make this you need add link to this file in regedit

so crate empty file winamp.m3u in any folder

now save this code in file *.reg

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winamp]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Foobar2000"

double click on reg file
now you need only put winamp.m3u in C:\Program Files\Foobar2000

Reply #17
Tried to get it to work and couldn't. But apparantly it was my own fault: I tied to add the registry value manually via regedit.
Working with the *.reg file sems like the way to go.

Thanx!

Reply #18
Hmm I've verified that I have the registry entry and the empty m3u file.  I've also got the latest foowinampspam from R1Ch's thread.  After I enable music titles in Gtalk, should something happen?  Because it just sits there and I'm not sure if its working.

Edit:  Crap still nothing.  I installed Winamp and it works fine.  No idea why foobar doesn't.  Is the march version of foo_winampspam the most recent?

Reply #19
Hmm I've verified that I have the registry entry and the empty m3u file.  I've also got the latest foowinampspam from R1Ch's thread.  After I enable music titles in Gtalk, should something happen?  Because it just sits there and I'm not sure if its working.

Edit:  Crap still nothing.  I installed Winamp and it works fine.  No idea why foobar doesn't.  Is the march version of foo_winampspam the most recent?

i don't know why it don't work for you but if you have installed WinAMP try now use Foobar 2000 and enable "Show current music track"

Reply #20

i don't know why it don't work for you but if you have installed WinAMP try now use Foobar 2000 and enable "Show current music track"

Initially nothing happened even after I installed and then uninstalled winamp.  Today though I get " WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 120.", then Gtalk crashes.

Reply #21
Initially nothing happened even after I installed and then uninstalled winamp.  Today though I get " WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 120.", then Gtalk crashes.

are you try it With installed WinAMP?

Reply #22

Yes, no luck.  ALthough it will read track titles from Winamp.

Reply #23

Yes, no luck.  ALthough it will read track titles from Winamp.

try again

1. install GT
2. install WinAMP - try install lite version and default settings on C:
3. turn off WinAMP
4. run GT and enable "Show current music track"
5. run Foobar 2000 + Winamp API Emulator (foo_winamp_spam.dll)

Reply #24
Wow, tried with fb2k 0.9.3.1, winamp 5.12, foo_winamp_spam-0.9beta3 and Gtalk 1.0.0.96 and it works. Thanks, MEK!