Reply to this topicStart new topic
Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP
Tim De Baets
post Jul 12 2013, 21:12
Post #201

Author of WMPCDText

Group: Developer
Member No.: 46161

What was the message for the first song?

Can you please check if the song isn't being held open by WMP itself? You can do this by opening WMP's Play tab - the currently opened song will be highlighted (it doesn't necessarily have to be playing).

Which version of WMP Plus were you using before updating? It would surprise me if this got introduced with version 2.6 since there weren't any changes to the tag editor.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sinecure
post Jul 12 2013, 21:58
Post #202

Group: Members
Member No.: 90063

QUOTE (Tim De Baets @ Jul 12 2013, 20:12) *
What was the message for the first song?

Can you please check if the song isn't being held open by WMP itself? You can do this by opening WMP's Play tab - the currently opened song will be highlighted (it doesn't necessarily have to be playing).

Which version of WMP Plus were you using before updating? It would surprise me if this got introduced with version 2.6 since there weren't any changes to the tag editor.

The first song lyrics page is editable in the normal way - there is no message. This would be the first song edited in WMP after a restart of Windows7. The play list is empty when the second song shows the error message. I now notice that all songs in the library with lyrics display the same error message after the first opening after a restart of Windows.

I am not sure which version immediately preceded 2.6. I had certainly already downloaded a 2.? version.
+Quote Post
Tim De Baets
post Jul 13 2013, 19:03
Post #203

Author of WMPCDText

Then what exactly does happen when you try to edit the lyrics of the first song?

Are you saying that you don't see the message on songs without lyrics? Can you add lyrics to these songs?

What's the file type (or types) of the affected songs?

It seems that I can't reproduce this on my own Windows 7 system, so as far as I can tell, the songs are really open in another application. Can you check if you can edit the lyrics outside of WMP, such as in Explorer or Mp3tag? And can you also check if you see the same issues when booting Windows in Clean Boot mode? Thanks!
+Quote Post
ginjaninja
post Sep 27 2013, 21:11
Post #204

Member No.: 93175

is it possible to increase eg in registry...the amount of tracks for which disk set numbers are still presented (ie above 500 tracks).
I systematically cleaned all my tags with musicbrainz picard, using discnumber tags and am hitting the limit more often than not in various views.

thank you for great plugin.
+Quote Post
Tim De Baets
post Sep 27 2013, 21:58
Post #205

Author of WMPCDText

Yes, you can change the limit by editing the IncludeSetMaxItemCount registry value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BM-productions\WMP Plus and restarting WMP. But note that the performance of browsing the library may suffer if the limit is too high.
+Quote Post
ginjaninja
post Sep 28 2013, 17:28
Post #206

Member No.: 93175

QUOTE (Tim De Baets @ Sep 27 2013, 20:58) *
Yes, you can change the limit by editing the IncludeSetMaxItemCount registry value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BM-productions\WMP Plus and restarting WMP. But note that the performance of browsing the library may suffer if the limit is too high.

thank you.
+Quote Post
Unicoder123
post Dec 19 2013, 13:58
Post #207

Member No.: 113405

It would be really nice if WMPPlus would support unicode file paths (at least i think that's the problem):
When editing files with Tag Editor Plus, "The request is invalid in the current state" pops up if the file path is not contained in the standard character set, e.g. if it's in cyrillic.
As Windows supports those paths, I would find it consequent for the plugin to support it as well.
This shouldn't be to hard to implement (maybe even only a compiler switch?) and make things a whole lot easier for people with other alphabets.
The error shows up if a tag is unicode and the file is not within a unicode path, but if you hit "apply" and then "OK" it is applied anyways - when pression only "OK" it usually isn't.

Otherwise I love your plugin, thanks a lot for it!
+Quote Post
Tim De Baets
post Dec 19 2013, 16:55
Post #208

Author of WMPCDText

WMP Plus should already support Unicode file paths. Are you using the latest version, 2.6? On which version of WMP/Windows?

It's more likely that these issues are caused by the tags contained within the files. What's the file type (or types) of these files?

Would it be possible to upload one of the affected files, so I can take a look? You can use Dropbox or a file sharing website like SkyDrive/RapidShare, and send me the download link via PM. Thanks!
+Quote Post
Unicoder123
post Dec 19 2013, 18:48
Post #209

I came to that conclusion, as in the interface unicode strings are often displayed as question marks (eg. in Settings->Party Shuffle in the list of playlists, as well as in the error messages) and adding images works, if they are moved to another, non-unicode path.

Screenshot of the Messages / Folder: Dropbox link
If you want, I can upload a audio file, too, but as it happens with every unicode named file I don't see much point in doing so.
W7x64, WMP12, WMPP! 2.6

Thanks for your fast reply!

This post has been edited by Unicoder123: Dec 19 2013, 19:03
+Quote Post
Tim De Baets
post Dec 19 2013, 21:24
Post #210

Author of WMPCDText

Indeed, the Party Shuffle settings as well as the error messages don't properly support Unicode paths yet. Thanks for reporting.

What exactly do you mean when you say that adding images works?

Please do upload an audio file. I'm still suspecting that the errors are related to the tags, because using Tag Editor Plus on a Unicode-named file works fine on my Windows 7 system.
+Quote Post
Unicoder123
post Dec 19 2013, 22:03
Post #211

When adding images, unicode paths aren't supported (when moving the selected image to a non-unicode path there is no problem).
Second bug when adding images: after an error like the one created by a unicode path, the OFD won't show up again.
+Quote Post
Tim De Baets
post Dec 20 2013, 00:10
Post #212

Author of WMPCDText

Oh, you're talking about album art. Thanks again for reporting - I'll look into fixing those bugs for one of the next releases of WMP Plus.

I suggest that we further troubleshoot the "request is invalid" error via PM.
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 15:16