Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Duplicate album info from freedb into EAC (Read 2125 times) previous topic - next topic

Duplicate album info from freedb into EAC

Hi,

I have searched the forums and googled but to no avail so please could someone help me with what should hopefully be a simple query...

I am ripping albums using EAC.  When I insert one particular album EAC connects to freedb and brings up two albums....however these are not the correct albums (although many of the songs are the same).  When I go to the freedb site I can find the correct album, but EAC does not bring this up as an option.

So....how do I get EAC to find the correct album on freedb?

Duplicate album info from freedb into EAC

Reply #1
The Disc ID of your CD doesn't match that of the "correct CD" in freedb, probably because the TOCs are different. The reason for different TOCs can be different editions or an inexact copy, if your CD is a CD-R. Either way, you cannot cajole EAC in recalling the "correct CD" info because you cannot fake the Disc ID.

What you can do - if your copy is a different edition -  is clear the CD data (Shift+Del) and re-enter it manually, as per your CD, then submit the new data to freedb. Yes, a little work is unavoidable =), but on the other hand everyone with the same edition of that album will benefit.