Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning an enhanced CD with a pre-gap track (Read 2619 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning an enhanced CD with a pre-gap track

I'm trying to burn an audio CD with enhanced content, as well as a hidden track in the pre-gap, but I've run into a few issues.

The software I'm using for burning the audio session is Exact Audio Copy. For the data session, I'm using CDBurnerXP. I'm doing this on Windows XP SP3. The CD burner, as listed in EAC, is SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-248F R602  Adapter: 0  ID: 1

A few nights ago, I was able to successfully burn a CD-R with the audio session in EAC (and setting the disc to remain open, which I believe is the correct option) and then burning the ISO as a separate session with CDBurnerXP. This appeared to work; it said all went well and closed out. The CD-R's icon in Windows Explorer now shows as the Audio CD+ icon or whatever it's called, like the enhanced CD album View-Monster by Lemon Demon that I own. However, when I clicked on it, I was only able to view the CDA files rather than the folder with the enhanced content. Another issue that arose here is that on my first few tries, EAC would get to the second track (on the first try) and then the fifteenth/last (on the second try) and give an error (Illegal mode for track), rendering the CD-R unusable.

Today, I decided to give it another shot. However, today I was given the error every single time (I tried three times) not long after the lead-in is burned. As far as I'm aware, I'm using the same settings as before.

Here is my cue sheet:
Code: [Select]
FILE "Q:\Own Music\summersounds\Mixdown\album.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 03:33:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 08:44:00
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 11:51:00
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 15:59:00
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 17:04:00
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 18:30:00
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 20:34:00
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 25:00:00
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 28:30:00
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 31:08:00
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 33:44:00
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 39:47:00
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 44:06:00
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 46:24:00
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 49:48:00

What am I doing wrong, and how can I get this to properly burn? I need to burn it on 50 CD-Rs (and I don't have any spares of the type I need to burn it onto) and need to make sure I have a reliable method for doing so.

Thanks.