Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AIFF -> Flac gives "Extra garbage at the end" (Read 10352 times) previous topic - next topic

AIFF -> Flac gives "Extra garbage at the end"

Reply #25
If you try to convert an AIFF with id3v2.4 with embeded art you get an error

AN error occurred while transferring attached pictures (Unsupported format or corrupted file)
I've tested AIFF files with ID3v2.4 tags embedded, found no such problems.

Please be aware that foobar2000 does not just append ID3 tags to AIFF or WAVE files, it embeds them in proper IFF/RIFF chunks that other software can recognize and skip over even if it does not specifically support AIFF or WAVE tagging.

If you have found any problematic files (tags not shown after "reload info", cover art not shown, error on conversion), please upload or email to . Thanks.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #26
An e-mail with links to uploaded AIFFs has been sent

Reply #27

Fixed in beta 3, thanks for reporting.

Reply #28
A bit late to feedback but beta 3 is working on the files i tested now.

I noticed a couple of things though.

mp3 tag supports lots of artwork types whilst foobar only seems to support the 5 main ones, if you choose one that isnt one of the 5 then it doesnt copy across when using the converter (as you may expect)

also .png files dont seem to copy across

i dont need either of these things so couldnt be happier with the recent update.

Excellent work and thanks

I think what would be a good addition now embedded artwork is supported so well is to display this in the properties e.g. embedded album art : front, back, artist

Reply #29
A little flow on Windows 8, I think the line below is too close:

Reply #30
.png files dont seem to copy across

i dont need [this] so couldnt be happier with the recent update.

I’m sure there are a significant number of users who do want support for PNG, so it was worth reporting even if it doesn’t affect you personally.

Reply #31

Fixed in beta 3, thanks for reporting.

I noticed that album art from Beatport files containing just waveform picture rather than regular cover art still isn't displayed in foobar. I assume this is expected behavior? I know that these pictures are useless but I am just curious if there is still kind of bug in foobar or is this exactly as it should be?

Reply #32
I noticed that album art from Beatport files containing just waveform picture rather than regular cover art still isn't displayed in foobar. I assume this is expected behavior? I know that these pictures are useless but I am just curious if there is still kind of bug in foobar or is this exactly as it should be?
Sorry, I did not get all of your files before the download links expired, only got the first two, album art appears to read & render fine (also in 1594736_Constant_Sorrow_Original_Mix.aiff - no problems that I can see, front cover shown). Can you please reupload the ones with album art rendering problems? Attaching them to emails should work too. Thanks.

Reply #33
Another e-mail with dopwnload links already sent  . Please post some info after you investigate those files - for example if it's generally impossible or too complicated to make their waveform "artwork" visible in foobar. Just for information  .

Reply #34
Got the remaining files, thanks.
The PNG waveform is attached as ID3v2 "bright coloured fish" image (*).
There's no sane way to present it to the user as it's stored in a nonsensical way to begin with; the current specification of foobar2000 cover art system supports only pictures of recognized classes, such as "front cover", "back cover", etc.
I'll keep this issue in mind when working on future foobar2000 updates so perhaps this can be worked around someday - at least to transfer such attached data between files.

(*) http://id3.org/d3v2.3.0
$11  A bright coloured fish

Reply #35
Peter, thanks for fixing things so fast, you truly are one of the good ones!