Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bluetooth Car Adapters - Any good quality ones? (Read 1701 times) previous topic - next topic

Bluetooth Car Adapters - Any good quality ones?

I use Google Play to stream my music @ 320kbps and play to my car stereo via Aux. However I would like to start using Bluetooth instead. I've ready about Bluetooth audio compression and I'm aware all options are lossy - however some compressions are better than other. To save myself $$$ via trial and error, I'm wondering if any of you have experience with Bluetooth adapters that work in cars such as this one.

Bluetooth Car Adapters - Any good quality ones?

Reply #1
I have a JVC Bluetooth enabled head unit. Because it supports only the SBC codec for receiving audio i was expecting very bad quality but as it turned it's actually quiet good if you consider the noisy environment of the car. Because A2DP uses lossy compression - as you've already mentioned - you can improve the final result by using lossless or near lossless (like WavPack hybrid or LossyFLAC) audio on your phone.

(Btw i'm just experimenting with a 16kHz bandwidth limited Musepack for the same purpose to lower audio bitrate while still not using a transform codec.)