IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
foobar2000 problem: high CPU usage, nonresponsiveness and crashes with
Anakunda
post Oct 21 2012, 03:43
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 63072

I reduced the lookup patterns to only

folder.*
front.*
artworks.*
thumb.*
cover.*
album.*
%album%*.*
%artist% - %album%*.*
%filename%*.*

and now the performance and stability problem is almost gone rolleyes.gif (I know previous patterns were somehow overkill but didnot ever think this could lead up to worst case scenario ie. 80000*240 file lookups). Anyway foobar now loads/unloads the whole library significantly faster even with albumart view ON.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
frogworth
post Oct 21 2012, 03:49
Post #27

Member No.: 76511

QUOTE (Peter @ Oct 21 2012, 06:44) *
Anyway, relevant code has been fixed to quit early where appropriate instead of evaluating album art lookup patterns for thousands of tracks each time; the next fb2k update will contain the fix.

This is great to hear, Peter! I've been scared of selecting the root in my Album List for a while because it freezes the interface (not audio playback though) for a good few secs each time - and it's definitely the album art. And I have a much simpler set of lookups for my album art:
CODE
cover.*
front.*
folder.*
%filename%.*
%album%.*
%artist% - %album%.*
+Quote Post
Peter
post Oct 21 2012, 14:42
Post #28

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

BTW, please do not hesitate to post on the forum about such issues (even after you've already autosubmitted reports), they can be helped one way or another most of the time.
While autosubmitted crash/deadlock reports give me all the telemetry I need most of the time, there's too many of them and about 90% of them are issues that I have no power against (popular: DirectSound stuck, HDD reading stuck for several minutes - even though we use async reads? WTF?) and there's no automated way to filter these out (contrary to regular non-deadlock crash reports - recurring crash patterns show up on my radar very fast).

--------------------
This job would be great if it wasn't for the users.
+Quote Post
Peter
post Oct 23 2012, 10:54
Post #29

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

Try with 1.1.16 beta 2 please: http://www.foobar2000.org/download

--------------------
This job would be great if it wasn't for the users.
+Quote Post
Anakunda
post Oct 23 2012, 11:12
Post #30

Member No.: 63072

Thank you for the update. The most part of the problem already was eliminated by reducing significantly the lookup patterns. Beta 2 seems to work without any extensive delays (loading the whole database takes about 8 seconds and CPU load drops down then to idle state which is fine cool.gif )
Load time with exhaustive patterns set was similar (about 11 seconds, then idle instantly)

This post has been edited by Anakunda: Oct 23 2012, 11:30
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 16:00