Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Tagger Panel (foo_uie_tagger_mod) (Read 103332 times) previous topic - next topic

[fb2k v2] Tagger Panel (foo_uie_tagger_mod)

foo_uie_tagger_mod is a foobar2000 component for quick tagging defined metadata fields. It can be used as a panel for ColumnsUI or a free floating window.

Upgrade Note: If you're upgrading from an older version than 2.0.0, it is highly recommended to backup your current configuration before.

Prerequisites:
  • foobar 2000 2.0+
  • ColumnsUI 2.0+

Download
Version history

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #1
thanks, will gives this a go-around
How do you have multiple fields, like %ALBUM VERSION% and then have another one like, %ALBUM RIP%, so far i can have only one at a time?

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #2
Ah! something new and works just fine in DUI. thank you for the effort.

Would it be possible to have the tag list not auto sort alphabetical?

A settings interface with up/down movement of tag selections would be great, though not needed. Just ability to maintain a users original ordering.

thanks again

terry

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #3
Great plug-in! Would it be possible to (optionally) disable text input box with [apply]/[revert] buttons and make changes automatic? i.e. changes are made instantaneously after selecting tag. I'm aware that this would not be very efficient for many people (using more than one tag), but I think that there are some that would use it (me for starter  ).

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #4
It would be very very great if you can extract the "New file Tagger" too!!!
btw, nice work!
bye

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #5
thanks, will gives this a go-around
How do you have multiple fields, like %ALBUM VERSION% and then have another one like, %ALBUM RIP%, so far i can have only one at a time?
Just use two panels. The options are saved per panel each and additionally for the standalone window.

Would it be possible to have the tag list not auto sort alphabetical?
I will make this an option.

A settings interface with up/down movement of tag selections would be great, though not needed. Just ability to maintain a users original ordering.
That will not be necessary. You can easily reorder the tag values with cut and paste in the options dialog. When the option for not autosorting is implmented, they will stay in place.

Great plug-in! Would it be possible to (optionally) disable text input box with [apply]/[revert] buttons and make changes automatic? i.e. changes are made instantaneously after selecting tag.
I thought about it, too. But I decided not to do it for several reasons. The main reason is that I don't know the internal structure of the component enough to be sure that there are any side effects by implementing this functionality.

It would be very very great if you can extract the "New file Tagger" too!!!
btw, nice work!
bye
It is planned, but don't ask me when. Maybe soon, maybe later.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #6
I thought about it, too. But I decided not to it for several reasons. The main reason is that I don't know the internal structure of the component to be sure that there are not side effects by implementing this functionality.

Maybe make it very experimental, optional feature with big, red warning message while enabling it? I'd be eager to try it anyhow knowing it could be dangerous :]

And once again - thanks for splendid plug-in!

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #7
New version 1.1.0.0. DL and changelog see first post.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #8
I believe download link still links to the previous version.

terry

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #9
thanks for presets
and so many enhancements

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #10
thx for this addon, very useful

when I use tag in tagger window

is nothing selected?!?

had just to refresh

but someting other

when I add a new preset and add a view values
press okay the values won't add, I had to reopen the dialog and add them again

very annoying

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #11
I believe download link still links to the previous version.
It can't. The old version is not available for download anymore. Maybe you have the old version in your browser cache.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #12
Chrome cache issue. All is well.

thanks for update

terry

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #13
fixed in version 1.1.0.1, please redownload

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #14

is nothing selected?!?

had just to refresh
It is normally not necessary to refresh manually. Please, explain the situation a little bit more.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #15
I know this is not the apropriate topic, but could you please find a way of using some of the functionalities from cwb_hooks? I miss specially the time functions, since there's no way of getting system time in recent foobar2000 versions.
Thank you in advance and congratulations for getting the quicktag working.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #16
Bug(?) -

When I click the 'apply' button, the changes are made, but the button seems to change to a text input box:

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #17
fixed in version 1.1.0.1, please redownload

thank you very much

is nothing selected?!?

had just to refresh
It is normally not necessary to refresh manually. Please, explain the situation a little bit more.

a pic says more than 1000 words

[a href=\"http://www.myimg.de/?img=afterrefresh60949.png\" target=\"_blank\"]

and here after I press refresh

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #18
Bug(?) -

When I click the 'apply' button, the changes are made, but the button seems to change to a text input box:
Fixed in version 1.1.0.2, please redownload.

is nothing selected?!?

had just to refresh
Fixed in version 1.1.0.2, please redownload.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #19
thx  works great

//Update

a request
I use foo_playcount http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...9/foo_playcount
component and the rating option and want to ask if you can add an option to change the rating buttons to use this feature from foo_playcount

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #20
a request
I use foo_playcount http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...9/foo_playcount
component and the rating option and want to ask if you can add an option to change the rating buttons to use this feature from foo_playcount
I already thought about that, but AFAIK this is not possible, because there is no API to read or write the values of  foo_playcount. Maybe I overlooked something, but I don't think so.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #21
Thanks for your work on this, this is an essential plugin for me.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #22
New version 1.1.0.3. DL see first post. Besides some minor issues, this version fixes a nasty bug which causes foobar2000 to close with an unhandled exception in some specific situations. So it is highly recommended to update to the newest version.

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #23
fbuser

Having some trouble with [do not] sort.
I set up a list and give it a preset name, select to not sort.
All is well.

Close out and select some tracks > right click >Tag in Tagger Mod Window.

1. The list will always present sorted. Right click in the mod window and I will see the name of my preset with a check mark in the context window. Clicking this preset name does not change the status of the preset [it is still active with a check mark], but it will revert my list back to the correct unsorted list.

1a. If there is another preset set up, clicking as above on the first preset will result in no change. However, selecting the second and then going back to select the first does correct the order to non sorted.
1b. The second added preset seems to keep it's unsorted appearance correctly.  EDIT: this is not the case. If this is the last used preset it too will present as sorted and also correct itself it you do the little above noted click dance. As this seems to be a stable method to "fix" sorting.....I would consider this a baby buglet at worse.....so just FYI.

terry

foobar 9.6.3 beta 1
xp

foo_uie_tagger_mod

Reply #24
@tpijag

Thanks for the report. Will be fixed in the next version.