Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_queuecontents - View and edit queue (Read 168812 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_queuecontents - View and edit queue

Reply #125
OK, I was drag&dropping stuff the wrong way. I surely can reproduce this and I have a hunch where the problem lies.

Reply #126
That's a good thing to hear! The longer I stared at this problem, the more confusing it got 

Reply #127
Try the latest version 0.3.7. It should fix the problems related to queue playlist.

Reply #128
Yes, with the new version I can drag&drop songs onto the playlist now.

Two problems still remain, though:
1. QueuePlaylist entries are deleted at events (e.g. track change, next / previous track, but also drag&drop of tracks onto the Queue UI window (not the playlist) ). When drag&drop'ing tracks back onto the Queue Playlist, they get inserted at the beginning of the queue (making them the next tracks to be played and not the last), but already queue'ed items are not displayed. This results in asynchronous item lists. Renaming the Queue Playlist temporarily solves the problem and lets the Playlist display all queued items correctly - until the next track change, etc.

2. A problem which was also persistent in the previous version: Trying to start the queue (or skipping to the next track) by double-clicking the playlist entry is not possible - instead every other playlist entry triggers the next-button for the queue - those playlists do not start their own track list, until the queue is totally empty. <- This is the case when the Queue playlist is empty.
When there happens to be queue items displayed in that playlist, double-clicking the queue playlist results in playback of the first track (and as already mentioned also deletes every entry from the playlist).
You can see that in the screen capture, I filled the queue with multiple entries of the same song, double-clicking through my playlists (you can see Queue entries disappearing), until none is left and the track is finally changed.

Here's the screen cast: http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEtcR...FtYRF9cWVxQU15V

Reply #129
Yes, with the new version I can drag&drop songs onto the playlist now.

Two problems still remain, though:
1. QueuePlaylist entries are deleted at events (e.g. track change, next / previous track, but also drag&drop of tracks onto the Queue UI window (not the playlist) )

QueuePlaylist entries are deleted at events is by design since it actually represents what happens to the queued items.

e.g. If you have tracks A, B and C in the queue playback and you start a new song by double clicking track D in playlist F, the queue will empty itself. This happens without queuecontents, too.

When dragging items to UI element this shouldn't happen of course. This is a bug.

When drag&drop'ing tracks back onto the Queue Playlist, they get inserted at the beginning of the queue (making them the next tracks to be played and not the last), but already queue'ed items are not displayed. This results in asynchronous item lists. Renaming the Queue Playlist temporarily solves the problem and lets the Playlist display all queued items correctly - until the next track change, etc.

When you drag & drop files to queue playlist, they will be appended to the end of playlist (if you drag them using switcher = your "playlist menu"); or the position you choose (if you drag them using playlist viewer component). I haven't taken queue playlist -> UI element drag & drop scenarios into account and therefore drag & drop from the queue playlist the queue ui element will fail.

P.S. Where exactly the files will go depends on your settings with playlist switcher. If it is configured to put files in the end (when dragging songs on top of a playlist) then the queue playlist should try to follow that wish.

2. A problem which was also persistent in the previous version: Trying to start the queue (or skipping to the next track) by double-clicking the playlist entry is not possible - instead every other playlist entry triggers the next-button for the queue - those playlists do not start their own track list, until the queue is totally empty. <- This is the case when the Queue playlist is empty.
When there happens to be queue items displayed in that playlist, double-clicking the queue playlist results in playback of the first track (and as already mentioned also deletes every entry from the playlist).
You can see that in the screen capture, I filled the queue with multiple entries of the same song, double-clicking through my playlists (you can see Queue entries disappearing), until none is left and the track is finally changed.

Here's the screen cast: http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEtcR...FtYRF9cWVxQU15V

I'm not sure what you mean but if you double click a playlist while there is stuff in the queue, the next queue item is played. As a concequence of this the track which is was the first in the queue will be removed from the UI element and the playlist since they are not in the queue anymore.

This is also happening without queuecontents, so it works as expected.

Probably now you can see why I don't like the playlist functionality so much anymore. It confuses people a lot since in some cases it works like a playlist and in some cases it works in completely different way.

Tell me what you think. I will try to fix the issues with drag & drop deleting stuff (your 1st point), that shouldn't happen.

Reply #130
Updated the component again. Should fix queue playlist -> queue UI element drag & drop issues.

Reply #131
thank you for your continued efforts kerpondile, its greatly appreciated on an often used component.

however, i appear to have come across an issue which i have only noticed in the past 2 versions of your component.
i have the "Enable Queue Playlist Feature" activated but whenever i add new tracks to the playback queue or change the order in the CUI element the Queue playlist becomes empty.
also, just realised the playlist becomes empty on track change too. items are restored in the playlist if i deactive & reactivate the feature, but obviously lost again if i do any of the above.

using Columns UI 0.3.8.6, Queue Contents Editor 0.3.8 & using ELPlaylist 0.6.8.2(beta) as playlist viewer, switching with the standard CUI Playlist Switcher.

if i can provide anymore information please dont hesitate to ask.

thanks again

Reply #132
Some questions:
* How do you add the tracks to the playback queue? Using foobar context menu ("Add to Playback Queue")?
* What do you mean by track change? when the track is finished and it should move on the next track?

I couldn't reproduce the behaviour you talked about. See the videos below:

Queueing and reordering
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEtcS...econtents_0_3_8

Queing items and track change behaviour
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEtcS...o_queuecontents

Reply #133
Some questions:
* How do you add the tracks to the playback queue? Using foobar context menu ("Add to Playback Queue")?

Yes, i have a keyboard shortcut assigned to the context menu command. tried it with the context menu anyway just in case, still the same behaviour

* What do you mean by track change? when the track is finished and it should move on the next track?

Yes, when the track is completed & moves on to the next in the queue it wipes the playlist, the CUI element still behaves correctly though.

would you like a list of components?

thanks for your time

Reply #134
I assume you have the latest queuecontents version, 0.3.8?

Can you tell me if I did something differently in the videos?

Reply #135
I assume you have the latest queuecontents version, 0.3.8?

Yes, using 0.3.8, was present in 0.3.7 too but not noticed in versions previous to that im afraid as didn't use the feature due to the recently fixed erratic behaviour.

Can you tell me if I did something differently in the videos?

No, nothing different from what iam doing in the videos. only difference being the layout.
the CUI element is contained in a Panel Stack Splitter, but surely that wouldnt effect the playlist feature.

if i can provide anymore info or post my config to you please let me know.

thanks

Reply #136
OK that is very weird. I have no idea what could produce different behaviour. Maybe if you could try with "debug version" of the component; it logs much stuff in the console.

You can find the debug version here. Just exctract the dll from the "Debug" folder.

Then you can paste the logs here. Maybe I can figure out something there.

Thanks

Reply #137
kerpondile, im afraid the plot thickens now.

just tried the debug version, everything works as it should & as expected. tried everything i said previously, all worked by design.
so, went back to the original component (i re-downloaded it from the link on the 1st page to be sure) & sure enough the behaviour i explained earlier is still present, queue isnt added to queue playlist unless i disable & re-enable it, then the previous said behaviour still happens on track change, order change etc.

i hope this helps you

Reply #138
Hah! The plot thickens indeed. Thanks very much.

It is the latest code, that's for sure. But apparently there is some differences between the debug version and the "release" version. I can now reproduce the bugs with release version.

This finding should narrow it quite a lot.

Reply #139
happy to help fella, just glad you've been able reproduce it yourself as it was starting to look like i was alone on this one haha!

thanks for your time again, greatly appreciated.
looking forward to the fix

Reply #140
Found the problem. A single line that was kinda "commented" in the release version. I will release new version today or tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your help. Hopefully it works after this

Reply #142
now that is great news indeed! And Jack Schmaltz, you were not alone at all! I've been trying to explain this problem to kerpondile throughout the previous days. Kinda talked past each other

Reply #143
New version is up which should fix issues with queue playlist functionality. Do not hesitate to complain here if you find something else

Thanks guys for helping me to find the bug!

-kerpondile

Reply #144
New version is up which should fix issues with queue playlist functionality.

thanks for this kerpondile, just give it a quick play with the issues i had yesterday & all appears to be well.

Do not hesitate to complain here if you find something else

I'm going to hold you to that!

thanks once again kerpondile, your work is appreciated.

Reply #145
Yep, everything works as intended now!

I also have to thank you for your work, and your great and quick support! Thank you!

Reply #146
Hey,

is it somehow possible to configure the edge-style of the plugin when used with columns_ui? I'm especially interested in hiding the complete frame like possible with other panels.

Regards

Reply #147
I am sure this is asked before, but I can't find it, is there a option to see the complete play orders, not only the one you placed in the queue?

Reply #148
I don't understand what you mean with "Complete play orders"? The queuecontent displays the tracks added to queue - what else?

Reply #149
I mean that it will show your complete playlist in that list in the order it will play, not only the songs you add to the queue

I know my English is bad, but I hope you'll understand this