Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning a CD with FLAC (file per song) (Read 2575 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning a CD with FLAC (file per song)

I am ripping my CD's using EAC and encoding to FLAC.  I am ripping a file per song/track.  I also create a cue sheet for the CD at extraction (using gaps appended to previous track).  So I end up with a flac file for each individual song as well as a cue sheet for the CD. This is working well.

My confusion is the best way to now burn a CD that would be an exact copy of the original.  How would this best be done in EAC?  I assume that I would convert each flac file back to a wav file (I would use Foobar).  Now that I have each track as a wav file what do I do next and how do I utilize the cue file?  Please walk me through the process using EAC.

In addition, is there a better way to do this using a different burn program?  Again I am looking to make an exact copy and have a cue sheet that was generated in EAC using gaps appended

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?  I considered ripping as as single file, but prefer file per song track and want to figure out how to best make that work.

Thanks in advance!

Reply #1
I highly recommend using Burrn (burrrn.net), a simple little program that allows you to make exact copies of a CD from CUE sheets.  I use the EAC non-compliant CUE sheets and it works very well.

It supports almost any file type and does all of the conversion back to WAV automatically.  very, very easy...

Do a search here for "burrrn" for more info...

-Aaron

Reply #2
Thanks Aaron,

I will look into it.  Does it matter if it is file per track or single file (image)?  Have you used Burrrn with file per track and a cue file?

- Andy

Reply #3
Thanks Aaron,

I will look into it.  Does it matter if it is file per track or single file (image)?  Have you used Burrrn with file per track and a cue file?

- Andy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224182"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have used Burrrn with both file per track and cue AND single image file with cue. Both work great.