Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bass redirection problem (Read 3144 times) previous topic - next topic

bass redirection problem

Hi.
I am using a Foobar2000 player with Channel Mixer plugin.
And I have probolen with choosing the good frequency of bass redirection.
And I don't know what that bass redirection types are meaning of.
I have a Creative Inspire T5900 5.1 speaker system.

I need detailed information about bass redirection and how that types works.

I want to have the best sound that I can hear from this soundsystem.

I am waiting for your help.

Greetings!

P.S. The bass is played too loudly without bass redirection so I don't know I have to use that rerdirecxtion so help me please

bass redirection problem

Reply #1
Hi.
I am using a Foobar2000 player with Channel Mixer plugin.
And I have probolen with choosing the good frequency of bass redirection.
And I don't know what that bass redirection types are meaning of.
I have a Creative Inspire T5900 5.1 speaker system.

I need detailed information about bass redirection and how that types works.

I want to have the best sound that I can hear from this soundsystem.

I am waiting for your help.

Greetings!

P.S. The bass is played too loudly without bass redirection so I don't know I have to use that rerdirecxtion so help me please

AFAIK, for a omposite 5.1 speaker system like the Creative Inspire 5.1, the bass redirection is handled by the speaker system itself. If it is too loud, there should be a sub volume control on the speaker system itself. e.g. when I connect my Altec Lansing 4.1 system, it only has front/rear inputs and the bass is handled by it. If I connect to my hi-fi using 6 channel direct, it now has front/rear/centre/sub inputs. Now I can control through channel mixer what goes to the sub/centre, etc.

Bass redirection in effect takes the lower frequencies 10-200 Hz (set though the slider and increases the volume if desired) and routes it to your sub-woofer. If your 5.1 has a separate input for the sub, then this will have any effect. In your case it cuts off the bass to the front/rear/centre (when you enable it) but there is nowhere for it to go so in effect your bass gets reduced.

Just experiment with it (at low volumes) and set it to what you like.

Edit: This thread will explain more: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=29985&hl=

bass redirection problem

Reply #2
How I use that bass redirection slider?

bass redirection problem

Reply #3
How I use that bass redirection slider?

It sets the frequency cut-off to the sub from 30Hz to 300Hz. e.g. if you set it to 100, then all frequencies below 100 will be sent to sub and not to other speaker channels. In channel mixer, however you can also select 'leave satellites intact' so that below 100Hz can be sent to other speaker channels in addition to the sub. However, as I said earlier, I doubt that in a composite 5.1 speaker system this setting will be of any real use.