Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with MME on MAYA44 PCI (Read 2309 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with MME on MAYA44 PCI

Hi. A few weeks ago i've bought a combo: MAYA44 PCI soundcard with a Samson C01 microphone. It works fine with ASIO - i can monitor myself via ASIO or directly via MAYA Mixer, and my voice is good and clear.

BUT. When i run some applications that uses MME (Skype for example, or when i switch from ASIO to MME in Audition) my voice become distorted. It's difficult to explain - i can hear myself, but with a lot of distortion. In this case soundwave in Audition looks like this:

I have the lastest drivers for Windows 7 x64 installed. Settings for the mixer and direct wire i attached. My guess is that the problem is either about DirectWire setting, or about drivers. One time i had clear sound in Skype. But after i had rebooted my computer i've got the same distortion as i had before. So i can't predict any regularity of the problem and ask for your help. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Problem with MME on MAYA44 PCI

Reply #1
I had the same problem with the very simmilar Infrasonic Quartet. I swtiched to Emu 0404 PCI and havent had a problem since.