Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Invert Phase Without Transcoding? (Read 7352 times) previous topic - next topic

Invert Phase Without Transcoding?

I have some MP3 that are 180* out of phase.  Is it possible to invert one channel without transcoding the entire file?

Tony

Reply #1
Is it possible to invert one channel without transcoding the entire file?

AFAIK there's no software available for the job.

But to answer your question: Yes, in case no intensity stereo has been used or you just want both channels to be inverted. No, in case you want only one channel inverted and intensity stereo has been used.

Cheers!
SG

Reply #2

Is it possible to invert one channel without transcoding the entire file?

AFAIK there's no software available for the job.

But to answer your question: Yes, in case no intensity stereo has been used or you just want both channels to be inverted. No, in case you want only one channel inverted and intensity stereo has been used.

Cheers!
SG

So far I have been unable to figure out how one channel could be inverted losslessly in the case of a M/S frame. I seem to only get both channels inverted or both channels swapped or both channels inverted and swapped.

Reply #3
So far I have been unable to figure out how one channel could be inverted losslessly in the case of a M/S frame.

Inverting one channel only involves swapping M and S

Inverting R = swapping M and S
Inverting L = swapping M and S and inverting both, M & S
Inverting L and R = inverting M & S
Swapping L and R = inverting S

Cheers!
SG

Reply #4

So far I have been unable to figure out how one channel could be inverted losslessly in the case of a M/S frame.

Inverting one channel only involves swapping M and S

Inverting R = swapping M and S
Inverting L = swapping M and S and inverting both, M & S
Inverting L and R = inverting M & S
Swapping L and R = inverting S

Cheers!
SG

Excellent

Reply #5
Has anyone implemented in code this solution? I want to fix one song which almost surely won't be ever available as lossless.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed