Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: making previous columns visible? (Read 1776 times) previous topic - next topic

making previous columns visible?

hi,

i have a slight problem with my foobar.

the thing is my windows 7 suddenly crashed without any reason and i had to format and reinstall everything. however as i reinstalled foobar i realized the previous columns settings i'd customized in the previous install weren't - naturally - available. in particular i am in need of a 'comments' column where i had written detailed descriptions of my audio files.

as i'm a newbie i have no idea how to retrieve this information. the audio files themselves are exactly as they were before formatting as i managed to save a backup of them before reinstalling windows 7. the problem is i don't know how to gain access to the information contained within those files such as the 'comments' column.

do you understand what i'm talking about? can someone please help me?

thanks

Reply #1
Assuming
you are talking about seeing the information in a playlist
you are talking about the Default user interface
you are using the default playlist

Preferences>Display>DUI>Playlist View>Custom columns> ADD
name is whatever you want and pattern = %field name you want to see%

in the playlist view, right click on a column header and insert the new column

Reply #2
Right click/Properties on your files to see which tag contains your comments. As tpijag said, you can show its content via '%tag%'.

I'd recommend adding brackets around it, so it won't show an '?' when your tag is empty/doesn't exist: '[%tag%]'

Reply #3
Assuming
you are talking about seeing the information in a playlist

yes.

you are talking about the Default user interface

yes.

you are using the default playlist

yes.

Preferences>Display>DUI>Playlist View>Custom columns> ADD
name is whatever you want and pattern = %field name you want to see%

in the playlist view, right click on a column header and insert the new column