Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hayulp! (Read 3234 times) previous topic - next topic

Hayulp!

Hello all. I just started using Foobar and am quite impressed with it. so simple.. yet so effective.

Anyway. I'm using 0.6 beta 7 and can't get the database to work.

First off, what exactly is the Database? I assumed it was similiar to the Media Library in WMP, where the majority of audio is stored.

If I'm wrong, disregard my stupidity.

Anyway, I have the Database enabled, and I type d:\music\ into the field (this is the example, but its also my Music folder)

I close it, and restart Foobar, and see nothing. The Shizzle plugin doesnt find anything in my database, even when I search something simple like "Metallica"

What am I doing wrong?

Also, a minor request, is it possible to implement Grids into the main view?

Thanks

Hayulp!

Reply #1
You don't need to put anything into the field. Foobar only stores info in the database on files that you've added to playlists. So, add the entire "D:\Music\" folder, and then all the files in that folder will be added to the database. Then, things'll work.

The Database merely stores any sort of metadata about a file. It duplicates all the information in tags of the files, and allows for information to be put into files that their tagging systems don't allow. It makes things faster.

Also, "Grids" functionality is entirely possible in Foobar, because it uses a custom drawing engine. The standard grid controls just aren't there.

Hayulp!

Reply #2
Ahhh. so thats why it reloads those files. I just thought Foobar reloaded whatever was in the list when it was closed.

Love what Peter is doing here. Keep up the great work!

P.S: If and when can I expect "full" Logitech Keyboard support?

Hayulp!

Reply #3
when can we expect you to read forums and use search button? :-D