Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 and Total Commander (Read 3873 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 and Total Commander

When opening Foobar2000 from Total Commander by dragging a directory to the Foobar2000 button in my Total Commander button bar, Foobar2000 has problems sorting the incoming files ('sort incoming files' enabled). The problem is that Total Commander uses the short (DOS) filenames to parse them in the commandline.

Is there a way to avoid/correct this problem?

Reply #1
I use total commander as well..  I don't drag n drop directorys though, I just right click and either 'add to playlist' or 'queue in playlist'.  fb2k then orders the files perfectly.

Reply #2
I got it to work with a tool called lst2str.exe, but it seems Foobar has an important limitation: the length of the commandline. When adding - for example - 12 files to the commandline which should be loaded into the playlist, only 2 are added. When using DOS names (no long file names) 5 files are added. This means there a limit to the characters in the commandline of Foobar.

Peter, can you look into this limitation and eliminate it??

Reply #3
I suggest that you use "Enqueue in foobar/Play in foobar" context menu options.

As for the maximum length of the command line, this is a limitation of windows, not foobar, IIRC.

Reply #4
I suggest that you use "Enqueue in foobar/Play in foobar" context menu options.

As for the maximum length of the command line, this is a limitation of windows, not foobar, IIRC.

On the Total Commander forum, I read this is a limitation of certain programmes - for example - Winamp (and apparently fb2k), but not all programmes have this

edit
Limitation was/is within the tool I used to parse the files into fb2k (tool called lst2str). Sorry for bothering you with this one...