Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 330123 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #200
Hello case,

there is a very hard conflict between the new bookmark function and the preview function of foo_seek that ends with deleted bookmark tag. I already asked grimes in german foobar2000 forum for a way to override bookmark functionality by automaticall deactivating toggle-option "skip tracks & use bookmarks" in main-menu if enabled. To describe the conflicht: If you are previewing some tracks and the preview reaches a song with bookmark track then the preview begins from the timepoint defined in seek controls advanced preferences and the bookmark tag gets deleted. No idea what is going on.

Reply #201
Nasty bug, fixed in 1.7.3.

Reply #202
Thanks case,

the removal of the bookmark track is fixed. To my surprise the foo_seek-preview begins from its position and overrides the bookmark tag. That i consider as desireable behaviour. Now one conflict remains: if autoupdate of bookmark position is enabled then selfevident the bookmark tag gets updated to the position where the preview ended. That may not be desireable. Since in case of preview the playback doesn't begin from bookmark position there seems to be something that tells foobar to start from preview beginning position. Isn't then also possible in that case not to update bookmark tag?

Edit
I assume that "remove bookmark" in main menu should remove all bookmark tags existing in library. That is at least what it did when i tried it. To avoid speculations for new users i would call it "Remove all bookmarks" and make it hidden [edit] to make accidental removal more difficult [/edit]. Apart from that this command doesn't appear sometimes even if a bookmark exists (the bookmarked track is in library!).

Reply #203
Another little bug:

if a) skip tag exists to cut beginning and end of track and b) playbackorder is "repeat track" then playback nevertheless advances to next track.

Reply #204
To my surprise the foo_seek-preview begins from its position and overrides the bookmark tag. That i consider as desireable behaviour. Now one conflict remains: if autoupdate of bookmark position is enabled then selfevident the bookmark tag gets updated to the position where the preview ended.

It seems to depend on luck which component does the seeking. I changed Skip Track to only update bookmark if seek seems to originate from user or a component seeked to bookmark position.

I assume that "remove bookmark" in main menu should remove all bookmark tags existing in library.

No, it works on the track that is currently playing (just like the 'Bookmark current position' entry in the same menu). If playback is stopped it works on the track that was last playing. I have not seen it misbehave. Context menu entries work on the selected tracks.

if a) skip tag exists to cut beginning and end of track and b) playbackorder is "repeat track" then playback nevertheless advances to next track.

Fixed.

Reply #205
Hello
For few hours now, I'm trying to make foo_skip working with all possibilities but nothing...
All my files have a tag named "skip" containing 1 if I want it skipped instead of "rating"=1 because sometimes I wish good songs (rated 4,5) skipped. Here are my various tests:
- %skip% IS 1
- $meta(%skip%) IS 1
- %skip_track% IS 1
- if(%skip%, 1, skip, )
case %skip% doesn't exist (after rating 1 the test track) :
- %rating% IS 1
- $meta(%skip%) IS 1
all that with double-click on the test track, double-click on the precedent track then "next", activate/desactivate "even manually selected" option, ...
I've no more idea so I'm asking for help here, after reading the topic.
PS: Sorry for my lame english...

Reply #206
Setting a tag field 'skip' with value '1' definitely works when your skip query is '%skip% IS 1'. Only thing I can suggest is to check that the component isn't accidentally disabled. There should be a checkmark in its Playback menu entry when it's enabled.

Reply #207
Setting a tag field 'skip' with value '1' definitely works when your skip query is '%skip% IS 1'. Only thing I can suggest is to check that the component isn't accidentally disabled. There should be a checkmark in its Playback menu entry when it's enabled.

I've downloaded again the foo_skip.dll file.
After reboot, no changes: Skip Tracks is in the "keyboard shortcut" menu, the "avanced" menu, but nothing in the "playback" menu or "playback" context menu...
Can it be a conflict with some other plugin ?

Reply #208
Think it rare to conflict with other plugin, though it would not hurt to say what you have loaded. There is a copy button in preferences>components and you can paste into a codebox. To be clear, here is the menu entry.

Reply #209
I changed Skip Track to only update bookmark if seek seems to originate from user or a component seeked to bookmark position.
I am not sure what you mean with this and what has been changed. Using seek controls preview feature still ends with update of bookmark position. However, that is not a big issue.

Reply #210
Think it rare to conflict with other plugin, though it would not hurt to say what you have loaded. There is a copy button in preferences>components and you can paste into a codebox. To be clear, here is the menu entry.

I've found the hidden menu (by Columns UI): the entry was already checked.
Uncheck then check again and... IT WORKS  !!!
Obviously a bug since the last update of foobar...
Thanks for the help, after hours I would never paid attention to an already checked option.

Reply #211
Hi.

I'm trying to use Skip Tracks in a very specific way but I can't reach my goal.
Let me explain what I'm trying to do.
I want to play a specific part of a track (for example start after 30 seconds and play during 1 minute) and then insert silence before playing the next track excerpt.
I know how to skip the beginning and te end of the track but I can't insert silence because the "Post-track silence" plugin doesn't work in combination with Skip track.

Has anyone an idea how to do it ? It would be interisting to have such an option in the Skip Tracks plugin.

Thanks.

Reply #212
Pregap DSP component can be used to achieve what you want. It has a downside of having a pause before the first played track too though.

Reply #213
Pregap DSP component can be used to achieve what you want. It has a downside of having a pause before the first played track too though.

I tried the Pregap component but it doesn't work in combination with Skip Tracks.
All my tracks have a Skip tag with the value -00:30;01:30- and there's no silence between each track.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Reply #214
This component has become invaluable for me with bookmarking features added. Any possibility to skip now playing track when rating is set to 1 ?

Reply #215
Have you already tried this?
Preferences > Advanced > Playback > Skip Tracks > Skip Track Query
Code: [Select]
%rating% IS 1

Reply #216
Works great, though I am experiencing something not so nice: When tracks are skipped, they are not truly skipped but rather start playing for a couple of hundres milliseconds. This is due to the option "Fade out (ms)" in the Advanced-Tab. To try it out, just set it to for example 1000ms and let there be a couple of skipped tracks. You will always hear the first couple of tones.

Secondly the skipping is not instant. By that I mean that there is a considerable pause between Song A and Song B, when there are for example 10 skipped tracks inbetween. Is there anything you can do to improve this behaviour?

Thank you very much!

Reply #217
Sounds like you haven't enabled Skip Track DSP part. The DSP will eat the beginning of a track so you won't hear it. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do to make track skipping faster. If DSP discards the samples from a skipped track playback counters will think it was played. And if DSP component asks core to skip to next track as soon as skippable track starts decoding you will miss samples from the end of currently playing track.

Reply #218
Thank you. I indeed missed that part!

Reply #219
Have you already tried this?
Preferences > Advanced > Playback > Skip Tracks > Skip Track Query
Code: [Select]
%rating% IS 1

Looks like I missed that thread.
"%rating% IS 1" in "Skip Track Query" works as it should: it skips tracks with rating "1". I need a currently playing track to be skipped as soon as I rate it *1.

Reply #220
can anyone please tell me the correct order for DSPs to avoid playing a few millisecs of a skipped track.

this is how i set the order atm.
Advanced Limiter => Acro Skip Silence => Skip Track => Gapless Crossfader

afaik i tried every possibility and didnot  get a satisfying result.
i set "fade in" in "prefernces" "advanced" "playback" to "0". but it always plays skipped tracks for a few millisecs.
when tracks are not skipped, the tracks are crossfaded as expected...

hope, anyone can help out. thx in advance, and thx for this great plugin!!!

fg, dls

Reply #221
I couldn't get 100% complete skipping using any DSP setup but for gapless playback put "skip track" to the top of DSP chain.

Reply #222
thx4thequickanswer
i there&then read it should possible, so i didnt stop trying ;-)
even if thinking about it logically, i couldnt imagine it could work.

i try to add the dsp foo_dsp_pregap.dll to avoid the first X millisecs played to be heard.
think it could work like that. gonna try it out in the evening.
i use overlap instead of fade-in/fade-out, so i cannot use the fade-functions for this...

Reply #223
I have a small request and a bigger one:

The check option "skip tracks and use bookmarks" in main menu activates all three features of the skip component: bookmark tag, skip tag and skipping track by matching a query. Generally i would like to keep this option always enabled because off bookmark and skip tag but would like to use the skipping by matching a query only when i consider it as useful/necessary. Would like to have two check options: on one side the skip/bookmark tag (f.e. "Use skip & bookmark track") and on the other side "Skip tracks".

It might seem to be a an over-the-top feature but there is one important reason (how i/we have experienced) to write at least the bookmark tag in a simple database rather than in the file: multi-user enviroment. Maybe something that works similar to foo_playcount: using the same tag sheme (artist, title, album,...) to map the bookmarkposition to a file.

Reply #224
Is it possible to use foo_skip in combination with the converter to create tracks that have the "skipped" parts removed?

For example, I have a track that is 2:30 long and would like to chop off the first 30 seconds based on the skip tag value of -30.