Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where is the problem in this chain? (Read 3500 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is the problem in this chain?

A few CDs I've ripped with EAC using Burst mode, test and copy (which seems to yield the highest average that I can verify), with perfectly matching CRCs. I then encoded using Lame 3.96.1 -V1 -- but the resulting encoded files have obvious glitches and flaws (not noise artifacts).

I've never seen this before. But if the CRCs matched when ripped from EAC, then that means the problem must be something happening during the encoding process right? I don't have the original WAV files available to listen to them, but logically...

Reply #1
LAME 3.96.1 -V1 is not going to introduce glitches into your encoding. The problem is most likely the CDs.

Reply #2
use secure mode, at least it will give you a list of possible errors after ripping the cd.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
I'll try it. It just seems strange to me that EAC could match CRCs while introducing errors-- but equally strange that the encoding would get glitched!

Reply #4
Do the CDs have any kind of copy protection?
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #5
Or is it possible that you're hearing clipping?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'