IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
CDRDAO, Can it read/write p-q subchannels ?
Martin H
post Apr 26 2005, 01:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20365

I am using cdrdao 1.1.7 through bao, and when i burn some music tracks without cd-text to a disc with the generic-mmc-raw driver, then cdrdao reports : Using 16 byte p-q subchannel data mode. The thing that puzzles me is that the cdrdao changelog for version 1.1.6 states that only r-w subs are supported currently for both reading and writing (and there hasent been any change to the subchannel handling mode in later versions of cdrdao). Also when i burn music tracks with cd-text then cdrdao reports : Using 96 byte raw p-w subchannel data mode. To me, that indicates that the p-q subs are supported ? The options for reading the subchannels from a disc is : r-w (packed) or r-w (raw). Can someone that has knowledge of the inner workings of cdrdao please enlighten me of which subchannel modes that cdrdao supports for reading and writing...-Here is the changelog for cdrdao 1.1.6 :

# Added sub-channel writing for the 'generic-mmc' and 'generic-mmc-raw' driver. Currently only the R-W sub-channels can be written. The track image files may contain packed or raw R-W sub-channel data. For packed sub-channel data the L-EC data will be calculated and interleaving will be performed if required by the recording hardware.
# Added sub-channel reading support for the generic-mmc(-raw) driver. Currently packed and raw R-W sub-channel reading is supported (option -read-subchan).

Thanks in advance. -Martin.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 15:28