Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Sleeping Dragon Awakes (Read 78802 times) previous topic - next topic

The Sleeping Dragon Awakes

Reply #75
I find it ironic that the best ripping programs are not open source, yet open source code does exist for this function.  Instead of demanding that someone change the way he conducts business, maybe spend your time on improving the code that's currently available to you.  If open sourcing is so superior then you guys should be able to surpass dBpoweramp and EAC in no time.

Who's demanding opensourcing code here? Who's saying opensourcing is superior (as opposed to what)? I've seen no-one do that. What I've seen is people floating the idea around to do that, because from some points of view it makes sense. Also, from an endusers perspective, I really can't think of any reason against it.

Also, on the topic of ripping CD's, I think we all agree that cdparanoia is the best way to rip CD's (EAC), and cdparanoia is opensource.

So please, stop insinuating that opensource zealots are trying to 'force' their GPL around, because that's just not true. What apparently is true, that some people have misconceptions about the point of OS, the reason for OS and the way it can work in a scheme that makes money for the softwarewriter.

The Sleeping Dragon Awakes

Reply #76
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought EAC didn't use the cdparanoia method any more?  The newer secure method is different than the cdparanoia method, but the cdparanoia method is still available if users want to use it.