Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Organya decoder (Read 12495 times) previous topic - next topic

Organya decoder

This component will play Organya (.ORG) files, a format created by Pixel, who is well known as the author of the game Cave Story.

You may find a decent collection of ORG files at Modland, but since the main site is typically slow, you should try this mirror instead. I've even taken the liberty of renaming the Cave Story tracks 02 through 35 in the Pixel folder to the correct order, and packaged the whole set up here. Maybe I should report that to someone who is in charge of Modland so they can correct their site or something.

Organya decoder

Reply #1
Thanks man! I've been waiting for this for quite a long time.

But seems like you forgot preferences page for the plugin and .org tunes loop endlessly while the playlist shows correct duration.

Organya decoder

Reply #3
Added an option to the advanced preferences to fix that.

Organya decoder

Reply #5
I've even taken the liberty of renaming the Cave Story tracks 02 through 35 in the Pixel folder to the correct order, and packaged the whole set up here. Maybe I should report that to someone who is in charge of Modland so they can correct their site or something.

I've updated the Organya module folder at Modland with your corrections just a couple minutes ago. Thanks for sharing, Kode54.
May I point you to another topic of your interest (well, hopefully) here?

Organya decoder

Reply #6
There's some clicking or popping noise on some tracks.
got any ideas on how to stop it?

Organya decoder

Reply #7
Yeah, I need to implement volume ramping.

Organya decoder

Reply #8
Yay for bandlimited ORG synthesis!

Organya decoder

Reply #9
Thanks a bunch for developing this plugin, it's awesome being able to listen to the Cave Story soundtrack directly in it's original format.

Is there any chance you could add different looping and fading options instead of just looping indefinitely? This would be useful for converting ORG files to other file formats like MP3. A common standard for creating game soundtracks is to loop tracks that are meant to be looped twice with a fade out at the end.

Organya decoder

Reply #10
Done.