Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 315481 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #225
What sort of error do you get? Please send Encoder1 log. Also a small sample of your file -if you can split it- would be nice.

TAudioConverter

Reply #226
"TAudioConverter" is showing up again in the Comment tag (on my FLAC to QAAC encodes).  Thought it was agreed to leave that out.

BTW, been using/testing this tool and I like it.  Thank you.

TAudioConverter

Reply #227
Could it be possible to add support for DTS?

Actually TAC supports convertion from DTS for a while now. But FFMpeg can only decode core DTS from DTS-HD files (MA or HR). AFAIK there are no free programs that can decode these files themselves. I honestly do not know much about these files, I don't have much samples.

If you have m2ts files, you can try to open them with TAC.

Edit: Yes these words are in Turkish.

I had MKV with DTS 5.1 inside. Opened, but won't extract or encode to anything :/
Used DTS add for Foobar, that worked flawlessly:  http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dts

A DTS Coherent Acoustics encoder is below.
https://gitorious.org/dtsenc
Apple  Macmini  Intel Core i5 (2.6 GHz)

TAudioConverter

Reply #228
Daffy, I removed "Unkown"s from tags but I seem to forget it.

TAudioConverter

Reply #229
Daffy, I removed "Unkown"s from tags but I seem to forget it.

Make it fill it with "" (Nothing) or something?

if (field is empty)
{field="";}

TAudioConverter

Reply #230
Update:
-Added: Categories for codecs (lossless, lossy etc) (thx to eahm and o-l-a-v)
-Added: Support for DTS file extension
-Added: Categories for settings
-Fixed: Bitrate for AC3 (FFMpeg) was too low

Daffy, it is not in the change log, but i removed "TAudioConverter" from comments.

TAudioConverter

Reply #231
Update:
-Added: Categories for codecs (lossless, lossy etc) (thx to eahm and o-l-a-v)
-Added: Support for DTS file extension
-Added: Categories for settings
-Fixed: Bitrate for AC3 (FFMpeg) was too low

Daffy, it is not in the change log, but i removed "TAudioConverter" from comments.

Thanks.  Have you given this any more thought from a few posts back?  I agree with javmaclean that the duplication of target folder structures is redundant and/or broken.

BTW it would be nice to have just the target folder structure stored and not all the tree above it.
An example:
The source files are in directory "source" under:
  C:\myfles\xx\yy\source
The target directory is:
  C:\target
Your current behaviour when specifying "Create folder structure in output" is to put the files in:
  C:\target\myfles\xx\yy\source
Why not just put them in:
  C:\target\source

This would be a lot cleaner.

TAudioConverter

Reply #232
Could you add the ability to embed album art if it's located in the same folder as the original file?
I have all my flacs sorted into artists and albums. In every album folder I got the album art stored as "Folder.jpg". Would be cool if it was possible to embed these into the converted files.
Also if original file already has album art embedded, the possibility to copy artwork over to the converted one.

TAudioConverter

Reply #233
Could you add the ability to embed album art if it's located in the same folder as the original file?
I have all my flacs sorted into artists and albums. In every album folder I got the album art stored as "Folder.jpg". Would be cool if it was possible to embed these into the converted files.
Also if original file already has album art embedded, the possibility to copy artwork over to the converted one.

Yes, that would be lovely!

TAudioConverter

Reply #234
I'm rather busy these days but embeding artwork and single output folder creation are my first priorities.

TAudioConverter

Reply #235
I'm rather busy these days but embeding artwork and single output folder creation are my first priorities.

How are the donations coming? Obviously, you've still got your day job. 

TAudioConverter

Reply #236
@jkauff I'm grateful for donations. I'd said that I'd be busy after february and that is the reason updates are not coming as often as before. But most probably I'll release a new version in a few days.

TAudioConverter

Reply #237
Update:
-Added: Embedding artwork for some encoders (both external and embedded artworks)
-Added: Logs will be kept on the disk instead of memory
-Added: NeroAAC tools now must be placed in program folder
-Added: FFMpeg will be used instead of FAAC (thx to eahm)
-Added: Default encoder is now Lame instead of FAAC (thx to eahm)
-Added: Codecs are now listed with pattern "CodecName (Encoder)" (thx to eahm)
-Added: Option to make TAC create only one parent folder in output (thx to javmaclean and eahm)
-Added: "M4R" extension for AAC encoders (thx to eahm)
-Added: A few minor GUI changes
-Fixed: A few minor GUI problems
-Removed: FAAC
-updated: Alphacontrols to 8.19

TAudioConverter

Reply #238
Awesome, great improvements thank you!

TAudioConverter

Reply #239
Sweet update ozok!
What about adding support for mp3packer?
Your GUI for that tool would be sweet.

TAudioConverter

Reply #240
Sweet update ozok!
What about adding support for mp3packer?
Your GUI for that tool would be sweet.
Found some bugs:
- When skinning is disabled: When extracting audio, the encoding variables/controlles is not greyed out like with skinning enabled.
- Could not extract 5.1 DTS from mkv. Later, after demuxing with TSmuxer, TAudio manages to convert it. Tried with different mkv's containing different .dts with different bitstreams. This was supported in previous version.
Encoder 1
Code: [Select]
ffmpeg version N-49610-gc2dd5a1 Copyright © 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Feb  5 2013 13:20:59 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth
--enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls
--enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb
--enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr
--enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame
--enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx
--enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      52. 17.101 / 52. 17.101
  libavcodec    54. 91.100 / 54. 91.100
  libavformat    54. 61.104 / 54. 61.104
  libavdevice    54.  3.103 / 54.  3.103
  libavfilter    3. 35.101 /  3. 35.101
  libswscale      2.  2.100 /  2.  2.100
  libswresample  0. 17.102 /  0. 17.102
  libpostproc    52.  2.100 / 52.  2.100
    Stream #0:1(nor): Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s (default)
    Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: subrip
    Stream #0:3(nor): Subtitle: dvd_subtitle
    Stream #0:4(nor): Subtitle: dvd_subtitle
    Stream #0:5(nor): Subtitle: dvd_subtitle
[NULL @ 0441a940] Unable to find a suitable output format

+ Could you add ability for mp4 audio files to get a m4r extension? It's used for apple ringetones.

TAudioConverter

Reply #241
Re: Version 0.8.0 Build 1191

- There's a typo in the "embed artwork to output file" drop down.  "Artwork" is spelled "arwork".
- When this embed artwork setting is selected, conversion of FLAC to QAAC fails (i.e. no output files are created).

TAudioConverter

Reply #244
@Daffy
-Thanks, corrected the typo.
-Also fixed that one.

@o-l-a-v, can you send me the mediainfo output of that mkv(dts) file?

Edit: Here is a link to new TAudioConverter.exe if you want a quick solution. Replace it with your own TAudioConverter.exe. Note that this is for installed version not portable.

Here is portable if you guys want to try it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter_portable.7z

TAudioConverter

Reply #245
@Daffy
-Thanks, corrected the typo.
-Also fixed that one.

@o-l-a-v, can you send me the mediainfo output of that mkv(dts) file?

Edit: Here is a link to new TAudioConverter.exe if you want a quick solution. Replace it with your own TAudioConverter.exe. Note that this is for installed version not portable.

Here is portable if you guys want to try it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9617171/TAudioConverter_portable.7z

It happens to every dts from mkv. I'll send you a 30s sample on PM
+ "Encoding mode" is still not greyed out when extracting audio and skinning is disabled.

TAudioConverter

Reply #246
I'm looking into the sample you sent o-l-a-v.

Controls are disabled if you select "Extract Audio". http://i.imgur.com/Qw0hZxq.png Or do you mean something else?

Edit: @o-l-a-v, I fixed the problem. You can download TAudioConverter.exe from the links in the previous post.

TAudioConverter

Reply #247
I'm looking into the sample you sent o-l-a-v.

Controls are disabled if you select "Extract Audio". http://i.imgur.com/Qw0hZxq.png Or do you mean something else?

Edit: @o-l-a-v, I fixed the problem. You can download TAudioConverter.exe from the links in the previous post.

The gui-thing is just a small little thing, nothing major.
But you can see on the picture that where it says "CBR" and "2" is not grayed out like the rest.
Hm, maybe, when i think about it. Can't everything that has do do with encoding just be removed when "extraction audio" is choosen? No meaning in showing those when extracting audio anyways
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z96/_Ol...ait/Extract.png

One more thing that could be usefull: Trimming when converting a file. When creating ringtones for example, when converting it could be an option to set start and end time on the final file.

I'll test the fix later, great work!

TAudioConverter

Reply #248
Update:
-Added: Clearing a log will remove it from disk
-Added: Commands for each encoder will be added to that encoder's log
-Fixed: DTS streams couldn't be extracted (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Fixed: Output folders with invalid chars couldn't be created (thx to Brazil2)
-Fixed: Wrong artwork command was passed to QAAC (thx to Daffy)
-Fixed: A few minor GUI problems
-Updated: MediaInfo to 0.7.62

Edit: I uploaded portable version in both rar 7z formats.

TAudioConverter

Reply #249
Thanks for the update.

Let's switch from PM to here, I want to see what other people think about what I suggest.

1) Codecs sort alphabetically.

2) "REFALAC (ALAC)" should be "ALAC (refalac)".

3) You should say that to use QAAC libraries from iTunes/iTunes64/QuickTime must be copied in the same qaac.exe folder. Easily usable as portable with "makeportable" from https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet.

4) Same as 3) for fhgaacenc.

5) "Lame" is "LAME".

6) I am going to push this again: AAC (qaac) TVBR as default encoder. I strongly believe MP3 is old and should die, changing the default won't change much but people will start to understand they should use something newer like AAC since everyone is switching the default codec on every encoding software.

7) And I am going to push this one again as well: take off .7z and .rar and switch completely to .zip. Every OS supports it by default.