Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2022839 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2500
I changed

From: url = "https://www.google.com/images?q=" + EncodeUrl(artist + " " + album) + "&gbv=2"
To: url = "https://www.google.com/images?q=" + EncodeUrl(artist + " " + album) + "&gbv=2&tbm=isch"

In the google.boo script. And now it works. Not sure if it will be 100%... hmm.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2501
Nevermind... its broken on different files now.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2502
Looks like I was also possibly hitting the flood protection. With the script change and queue manager turned down to only 1 search at a time, I'm getting results back every time now... will see if it continues to work.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2503
Google Image script will continuously fail on the same song over and over again

If it's a reproducible problem with searching for a specific song, then let me know exactly what album and artist triggers the problem and I'll look into it. If I can get it to happen here too, chances are I can fix it.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2504
great program
but there is a way the rename automatically?
I think that I must change the pattern "%filename% (%n2%).%extension%" with one that in automatic rename the file that have same name

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2505
great program
I think that I must change the pattern "%filename% (%n2%).%extension%" with one that in automatic rename the file that have same name

Thanks. Album Art Downloader doesn't do library management tasks like renaming existing files and folders, is that what you were asking?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2506
great program

Thanks. Album Art Downloader doesn't do library management tasks like renaming existing files and folders, is that what you were asking?

I did not understand what you mean.
When I find covers that have the same name, Album Art Downloader XUI asks me if I want to overwrite or rename the new cover and I have to answer
all the times that I want to rename this does not overwrite the file present, and it's a break
Sorry I use Google translate

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2507
When I find covers that have the same name, Album Art Downloader XUI asks me if I want to overwrite or rename the new cover and I have to answer all the times that I want to rename this does not overwrite the file present, and it's a break

Ah, OK, I understand now, you want an option to always overwrite, or to always save with another name, rather than asking for every file. Sorry, Album Art Downloader can't do that at present. I didn't think people would be overwriting existing files very often!

I'll consider adding a "Don't ask me again" checkbox to the Overwrite window for the next version. I don't really like the idea of overwriting files without warning, though, so I'd have to be careful about it. Perhaps it would only apply for the current session, and be forgotten next time you run AAD.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2508
When I find covers that have the same name, Album Art Downloader XUI asks me if I want to overwrite or rename the new cover and I have to answer all the times that I want to rename this does not overwrite the file present, and it's a break

Ah, OK, I understand now, you want an option to always overwrite, or to always save with another name, rather than asking for every file. Sorry, Album Art Downloader can't do that at present. I didn't think people would be overwriting existing files very often!

I'll consider adding a "Don't ask me again" checkbox to the Overwrite window for the next version. I don't really like the idea of overwriting files without warning, though, so I'd have to be careful about it. Perhaps it would only apply for the current session, and be forgotten next time you run AAD.

I hope you enter this function, which for me is very useful if you need to download thousands of covers as in my case.
Just add the function to autorename and there is no risk of deleting anything
Thanks

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2509
I got a fatal error, log as requested:

Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Temp\AAD_errorlog.txt

App version: 1.0.1.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 (32 bit)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at AlbumArtDownloader.ArtSearchWindow.OnSourceHighlightResults(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.Source.RaiseHighlightResults()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.Controls.SourcePanel.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.CrackMouseButtonEventAndReRaiseEvent(DependencyObject sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
  at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
  at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
  at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
  at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
  at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
  at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
  at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
  at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
  at System.Windows.Application.Run()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
  at AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
  at AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2510
I got a fatal error, log as requested

Thanks for reporting this. From the log, I can tell this happens when you click on a source to highlight results from it, but I haven't been able to reproduce it here. Does it happen consitently for you? Or did you notice anything unusual about the search you did or the source you clicked on?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2512
Alex,
Amazon script seems to be struggling to get the full size image. I have found this frequently but thought you would like an example, so here is the last one I noticed:

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-T-Rex/dp/B006HH5Y6K

Eli

Thanks for the report. When I do a search for that album with the Amazon (.com) v0.11s script, I get:

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-Mar.../dp/B000002KP3/
http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Warrior-Ses.../dp/B000001JKJ/

Not the B006HH5Y6K one you mention. I notice on the page you posted that the image is only 300x300 and has an AutoRip stamp stuck on top of it, so I'm not too concerned about not getting that one...

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2513
wouldn't it be possible (in a not that difficult manner) to handle
two albums at once in the batch downloader? (two should be enough for speedup purposes)

Great, thanks for letting me know. I'll give it a few more days in case anything does pop up, then consider it fixed and release 1.01 with this fix in it.

For doing multiple albums at once, yes it would be technically possible, although not simple to do and prone to subtle errors (like the one you found!). Your best bet, really, if you want to do this, is to launch two automatic downloader windows. Select half your albums for one to find, and half for the other. You do run a higher risk of encountering throttling and other protections against mass downloading from the source websites though, depending on which ones you use.

Alex

Hi Alex,

when I run multiple searches at once and i change the minimum pixels in session 1 it also changes it immediately in the other,
is this the desired behavior?
i usually search for covers with min. 800 px, after that min. 500 px, after that 300, to get the best possible size,
however because of that i have to wait till all the jobs finish to change them to the other pixelvalue

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2514
when I run multiple searches at once and i change the minimum pixels in session 1 it also changes it immediately in the other, is this the desired behavior?
The minimum and maximum image sizes are cross-application settings, not per-window. However, I agree that if you have started an automatic download search then it should take the settings at the time you start the search and not allow them to be altered after the search has begun. I've added a feature request for that: https://sourceforge.net/p/album-art/feature-requests/105/

When I next do a new version, I'll include this change with it.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2515
when I run multiple searches at once and i change the minimum pixels in session 1 it also changes it immediately in the other, is this the desired behavior?
The minimum and maximum image sizes are cross-application settings, not per-window. However, I agree that if you have started an automatic download search then it should take the settings at the time you start the search and not allow them to be altered after the search has begun. I've added a feature request for that: https://sourceforge.net/p/album-art/feature-requests/105/

When I next do a new version, I'll include this change with it.

Alex

you are awesome, thanks for caring and keeping this project maintained!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2516
Maybe I’m missing something??

But how do you embed the album art into the MP3s so I can use the art with my phone, Google music, iTunes…. I see it saves it only as a .jpg

Want to add cover art to over 80 top 100 play lists.

Thanks
Nathan

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2517

But how do you embed the album art into the MP3s so I can use the art with my phone, Google music, iTunes…. I see it saves it only as a .jpg

Thanks
Nathan

use foobar2000's "batch attach pictures" feature

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2518

Thanks
Nathan

Thanks for your quick reply!

SO I added foobar and put some MP3s there for a test, but it labels the artist as "Various artists"

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks again!
Nathan

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2519

Thanks
Nathan

Thanks for your quick reply!

SO I added foobar and put some MP3s there for a test, but it labels the artist as "Various artists"

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks again!
Nathan

OK i fixed the "Various artists" issue by removing the "album artist" ID3v2 tag.

but now i still dont see a way to embed art into mp3, it still wants to save it as folder.jpg

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2520
Is the eCover.to (Cover-Paradies) script (v0.16) not working for anyone else? I'm getting 0 hits on it with every search, even though there are covers on the site when I check manually. I'm using the latest version of AAD.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2521
but now i still dont see a way to embed art into mp3, it still wants to save it as folder.jpg

you save it to folder.jpg first, your albums should each be in a seperate folder,
then put all albums in a foobar playlist, select all songs and rightclick --> tagging --> batch attach pictures, next window should say folder.jpg or *.jpg

now foobar adds all the .jpg files it finds in the folder where the song is to the id3tag

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2522
Is the eCover.to (Cover-Paradies) script (v0.16) not working for anyone else? I'm getting 0 hits on it with every search, even though there are covers on the site when I check manually. I'm using the latest version of AAD.

Thanks for reporting this. I've just uploaded v0.17 which should be working again. Let me know if you have any trouble with it: cover-paradies.boo

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2523

Thanks for reporting this. I've just uploaded v0.17 which should be working again. Let me know if you have any trouble with it: cover-paradies.boo

Alex

Wow, thanks for the fast response!

The script is now working again for the most part. The only thing is I don't think I'm getting all the matches I should. I'm pretty sure it's only returning the first page of results from the website. One search I did and noticed this happening was "Motorhead - Ace of Spades". Doing the "extended search" manually on the website yields 4 pages of results, 6 albums per page, at least 2 pix per album. AAD is only showing 14 results from eCover.to, which is the exact number of images on the first page of the site's search results.

It's not that big a deal as it only happens with a small number of searches, but it did keep me from getting the biggest images using AAD versus searching manually on the website in a couple of cases. I tried looking at the script and the website to see if I could figure it out, but it seems to be juuuuuuust a skosh beyond my meager ability to massage someone else's code.

Again, thanks for the work and great program. It's the best one out there for cover art.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2524
AAD is only showing 14 results from eCover.to, which is the exact number of images on the first page of the site's search results.

Yes, that's right. The script is only written to fetch the first page of results - this is generally the case for all scripts.

Alex