Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hotkeys from Logitech mouse Setpoint (Read 2709 times) previous topic - next topic

Hotkeys from Logitech mouse Setpoint

Hello! I admit that this is most likely not a foobar problem, but maybe someone here had this issue..

I got used to control the foobar playback by tilting the logitech mouse wheel left and right.
The only working method for this that I found is to bind a "Keystroke" to this tilt in Logitech Setpoint, Ctrl-Alt-X for example. And after that set a global hotkey Ctrl-Alt-X as pause.

It was working ok before I moved to windows 8. In here it is still working fine "globally" when fb2k is in background. But when fb window is active - it is not working, Setpoint's keystroke is lost somewhere.

I'd blame setpoint or windows 8 first, but I tested those "keystrokes" in notepad active window - and they are working there, something different with foobar window.
Any ideas?
P.S. ..or maybe there is an easier way to do what I want?

Thanks!

Reply #1
You could get a tool called StrokeIt, mouse gestures for any application working with all mice.

Reply #3
And you can bind any sort of shortcut to those 40+ gestures, they are the point, not the mouse buttons themselves. It works flawlessly with many gestures for foobar2000 and my logitech g700.

Reply #4
Old thread but no resolution. I'm having the same problem - foobar does not allow my logitech keyboard or mouse to send hotkeys when the window is active (in Windows 8). Why?

Reply #5
Solved it - foobar2000 was running as administrator. Uncheck that box in properties and hotkeys work once again