Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OSS ZEALOTRY] From: foobar2000 mobile kickstarter (Read 1069 times) previous topic - next topic

[OSS ZEALOTRY] From: foobar2000 mobile kickstarter

If the code was going to be open and free (as in freedom) I'd be throwing gobs of money at this. The same thing applies to Foobar2000; since I long ago escaped from the bonds of MS it's a useless project to me.

These days, outside of the occasional proprietary game (which I then securely contain/isolate within my system and network), I simply don't fund software which denies my freedom to use, audit, and modify as I see fit. Even for games I tend to largely play open source.

My dollars will continue to be funneled to the FreeBSD foundation, Software in the Public Interest, FSF, and dozens of other projects whose software I use and which respects my freedom. In fact I just funneled some to Xiph this morning.

You know you want one!
http://www.cafepress.com/oggwear.3958030

Good luck though!