31 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
[Not my release] Biography view
Propheticus
post Apr 9 2013, 17:53
Post #626

Group: Members
Member No.: 93615

looks like you didnt select the UTF-16 option when adding the external script.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
romor
post Apr 9 2013, 18:02
Post #627

Member No.: 65630

QUOTE (foomark @ Apr 9 2013, 18:09) *
QUOTE (romor @ Apr 9 2013, 16:18) *
@foomark: maybe try with absolute path to script file: `cscript //nologo "c:\...\lastfm_bio.vbs" ...`

ohmy.gif
i tried this method and the result is ....

That's OK
Just add '//U' switch before the script path

--------------------
scripts: http://goo.gl/M1qVLQ
+Quote Post
foomark
post Apr 9 2013, 21:24
Post #628

Member No.: 92213

QUOTE (romor @ Apr 9 2013, 18:02) *
QUOTE (foomark @ Apr 9 2013, 18:09) *
QUOTE (romor @ Apr 9 2013, 16:18) *
@foomark: maybe try with absolute path to script file: `cscript //nologo "c:\...\lastfm_bio.vbs" ...`

ohmy.gif
i tried this method and the result is ....

That's OK
Just add '//U' switch before the script path

First i want to say thank you not only for the script but also for your patience...
But there must be something "wrong" in my F2K configuration, cause i really can't get it to work.

The command i wrote is exactly: cscript //U //nologo "C:\Users\myfolders\foobar2000\lastfm_bio.vbs" "$meta(artist,0)"
via standard output
UTF16

But my BIO panel is always empty unsure.gif
+Quote Post
romor
post Apr 9 2013, 21:58
Post #629

You are welcome, foomark smile.gif

I think that I've read somewhere about changes in Windows 8 in regard to UTF-16 and scripting, thou I'm not sure what was it exactly and when this issue occurs, as it seems it doesn't occur with every Windows 8 version.

I'll suggest you try without '\\U' switch and at the same time set "Character code" to ANSI

This post has been edited by romor: Apr 9 2013, 21:58

--------------------
+Quote Post
foomark
post Apr 10 2013, 08:11
Post #630

I think i tried every single combination of the script and character code but this...

QUOTE (romor @ Apr 9 2013, 21:58) *
You are welcome, foomark smile.gif

I think that I've read somewhere about changes in Windows 8 in regard to UTF-16 and scripting, thou I'm not sure what was it exactly and when this issue occurs, as it seems it doesn't occur with every Windows 8 version.

I'll suggest you try without '\\U' switch and at the same time set "Character code" to ANSI

...seems to actually work!!! smile.gif Thank you so much!!

since i'm here i would like to ask you guys also another thing or two regarding the script...
1)Would it be possible to use other languages? I mean...if it's easy ok, if the whole script need to be re-written...it doesn't matter. wink.gif
2)Is there a way to have, like it is in the original LastFm component, also the pictures of the artist?? I use DarkOne and the BIO panel is splitted in two, 50% for the bio and 50% for the pictures, that with this script stay empty.

Thank you again!!
+Quote Post
romor
post Apr 10 2013, 10:45
Post #631

1. It's not possible at the moment, because provider (echonest) indexed only English version of Last.fm biographies

2. To have images, just leave Last.fm entry in "Current source list", and leave it at the bottom of the list

--------------------
+Quote Post
foomark
post Apr 10 2013, 10:59
Post #632

QUOTE (romor @ Apr 10 2013, 10:45) *
1. It's not possible at the moment, because provider (echonest) indexed only English version of Last.fm biographies

2. To have images, just leave Last.fm entry in "Current source list", and leave it at the bottom of the list

Ok thank you, the second tip works perfectly wink.gif
+Quote Post
mjm716
post May 21 2013, 16:35
Post #633

Member No.: 80935

QUOTE (romor @ Dec 6 2011, 11:52) *
To avoid fragmentation, script can be viewed here: http://db.tt/erPq5XpB and downloaded from here: http://db.tt/RnrNrwQ3
Any further changes will reflect there without using pastebin

I was without internet the past day and realized that the recent script (13.11.2012) no longer pulled items from the cache anymore.

When I looked into the problem, I realized my foo_allmusic.xml file which is about 22MB, had not been updated for some time. When I removed the file from the FB directory and resumed playing, a new file was created and the data saved correctly. I disabled my internet and tested with the new file and data was displayed from the cache, so things are referenced and working properly.

There doesn't seem to be an inherent XML file size/# of records limit in windows. I also checked the large XML file's structure and did not find any problems (open/close tags matched); and the last record had no strange characters.

Does anyone have any ideas?

update: figured it out - was an XML error in the file. FYI, I found this app to check it: http://download.cnet.com/XML-Validator/300...4ca43ec2e8b593b

This post has been edited by mjm716: May 21 2013, 17:25
+Quote Post
FoobarFan33
post May 23 2013, 20:28
Post #634

Member No.: 108290

Hi all,

I'm using Foobar for a long time now but it's the first time I'm playing with components.
I have installed the biography plugin and it's really great, thanks to its author cool.gif
But I have a problem with the number of images I can visualize from last.fm. In the server preference, it's impossible to choose more than 6 artworks.
Am I doing something wrong (knowing myself it's really possible) or is it a limitation of the plugin ?
I'm using the 1.2.6 version of Foobar2000 and I'm on Windows 7.

Thanks very much for your help

PS : by mistake, I created a new topic to discuss about that. Do you know how to delete my post ?
+Quote Post
FLeX3DaMuZ
post May 28 2013, 17:42
Post #635

Member No.: 108360

hey y'all!

I've noticed that the biography component isn't loading any artist pictures anymore.. someone experiencing problems with last.fm the last couple of days?

greetings!
+Quote Post
mire777
post Jul 9 2013, 18:03
Post #636

Member No.: 100550

QUOTE (FLeX3DaMuZ @ May 28 2013, 18:42) *
hey y'all!

I've noticed that the biography component isn't loading any artist pictures anymore.. someone experiencing problems with last.fm the last couple of days?

greetings!

Problem is probably in your foobar settings. For me everything work fine...
+Quote Post
PeteG
post Jul 15 2013, 21:40
Post #637

Member No.: 100577

Rovi has made some changes to the AllMusicGuide => foo_allmusic.vbs has ceased to function sad.gif.
I've sent a PM to romor, the programmer.
+Quote Post
romor
post Jul 16 2013, 08:08
Post #638

Updated: https://gist.github.com/9b835d41a4257cab25c9

--------------------
+Quote Post
PeteG
post Jul 16 2013, 18:53
Post #639

Indeed, romor, you're fast!
But ... I can't get allmusic.vbs to fetch anything. This, via the command line

CODE
cscript //nologo allmusic.vbs "Camel" "Nude" review

results in nothing (the entry do exist). A new foo_almusic.xml is created (as expected, cache set to 1), size 57 bytes.

The online database seems to have it's own problems with the new layout, by the way. Some wordy biographies are cut prematurely, e.g. The Beatles; Frank Zappa.
+Quote Post
romor
post Jul 16 2013, 19:23
Post #640

Pete, recheck. I get output:

CODE
C:\Temp>cscript //nologo foo_allmusic.vbs "Camel" "Nude" review
A new, larger version of Camel debuted on Nude, a concept album about a Japanese soldier stranded on a deserted island d
uring World War II and staying there, oblivious to the outside world, for 29 years. More ambitious than the preceding I
Can See Your House from Here, Nude is in many ways just as impressive. Although it's a less accessible effort, it has a
number of quite intriguing passages, particularly since it boasts heavier improvisation, orchestration, and even some wo
rldbeat influences. It's not as spacy as Camel's earlier progressive rock records, yet it is quite atmospheric, creating
its own entrancing world. [A remastered version of Nude was released in 2009, including ten bonus tracks recorded live
at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1981 for the BBC Radio 1 program In Concert.]

Review by Daevid Jehnzen

C:\Temp>cscript //nologo foo_allmusic.vbs "Camel" "Nude" bio
Camel never achieved the mass popularity of fellow British progressive rock bands like the Alan Parsons Project, but the
y cultivated a dedicated cult following. Over the course of their career, Camel experienced numerous changes, but throug
hout the years, Andrew Latimer remained the leader of the band.

Formed in 1972 in Surrey, Camel originally consisted of Latimer (guitar, flute, vocals), Andy Ward (drums), Doug Ferguso
n (bass), and keyboardist Peter Bardens, previously of Them. By the end of 1973, the group signed with MCA and released
their eponymous debut. In 1974, the band switched record labels, signing with Decca's Gama subsidiary, and released Mira
ge. In 1975, Camel released their breakthrough album The Snow Goose, which climbed into the British Top 30. The band's E
nglish audience declined with 1976's Moonmadness, but the album was more successful in America, reaching number 118 -- t
he highest chart position the band ever attained in the U.S. Following the release of Moonmadness, Ferguson left the ban
d and was replaced by Richard Sinclair (ex-Caravan); at the same time, the group added saxophonist Mel Collins. Latimer
and Bardens conflicted during the recording of 1977's Rain Dances and those tensions would come to a head during the mak
ing of 1978's Breathless. After Breathless was completed, Bardens left the band. Before recording their next album, Came
l replaced Bardens with two keyboardists -- Kit Watkins (Happy the Man) and Jim Schelhaas (Caravan) -- and replaced Sinc
lair with Colin Bass.

By the time Camel released their 1979 album, I Can See Your House From Here, rock & roll had been changed by the emergen
ce of punk rock, which resulted in less press coverage for progressive rock, as well as decreased record sales. Camel su
ffered from this shift in popular taste -- I Can See Your House From Here received less attention than any of the band's
releases since their debut. Latimer returned to writing concept albums with 1981's Nude. In 1982, drummer Andy Ward was
forced to leave the band after suffering a severe hand injury. Camel's 1982 album, The Single Factor, was a slicker, mo
re accessible affair than previous Camel records, but it failed to chart. Stationary Traveller (1984) was another concep
t album.

After the release of the 1984 live album, Pressure Points, Camel entered a long period of hibernation that lasted until
the early '90s. In 1985, Decca dropped Camel from its roster. Latimer wasn't able to find a new label because he was emb
roiled in a difficult legal battle with Camel's former manager Geoff Jukes; Camel eventually won the lawsuit in the late
'80s. Throughout this period, Camel produced no new music. In 1988, Latimer sold his home in England and moved to Calif
ornia, where he founded the independent label Camel Productions. By the time Camel recorded their follow-up to Stationar
y Traveller in the early '90s, the band was, for most intents and purposes, simply Andrew Latimer and a handful of sessi
on musicians. Dust and Dreams (1991) was the first release on Camel Productions. In 1993, PolyGram released a double-dis
c Camel retrospective, Echoes. In early 1996, Camel released Harbour of Tears.

Artist Biography by Stephen Thomas Erlewine

--------------------
+Quote Post
PeteG
post Jul 16 2013, 21:19
Post #641

This is strange. Stlll no joy. I've run out of good ideas after trying various combinations via cmd.

But I'm apparently the only one with problems, so don't waste your time, romor. I still have a nice, fat XML file and the old foo_allmusic.vbs. And the possibility of manual updating.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jul 16 2013, 21:24
Post #642

Member No.: 19379

you should try clearing the temp files in internet explorer.

edit: this would only fix pages you've tried to view when the script wasn't working. if you've been trying loads of new different artists, it won't help.

This post has been edited by marc2003: Jul 16 2013, 21:28
+Quote Post
Static
post Jul 17 2013, 08:44
Post #643

Member No.: 27579

I have the same problem, it doesn't fetch anything. It just creates a new empty xml file. I tried clearing the temp files but no changes.
+Quote Post
PeteG
post Jul 17 2013, 11:10
Post #644

Hm.
I've just found out, that script is doing fine on my Vista 32-bit machine, but still no luck on the Windows 7 64-bit machine.
+Quote Post
Static
post Jul 17 2013, 14:47
Post #645

Member No.: 27579

Windows 7 here, 32 bit, the script isn't working.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Jul 17 2013, 15:36
Post #646

i don't have the component installed but i did try the script on the command line. it worked fine using PeteG's Camel example. i'm running windows 7 x64.

i also tried a few of my own artist/album combinations and they work fine too. it's not exactly quick but that's down to the server response rather than the script itself. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
mjm716
post Jul 17 2013, 17:52
Post #647

Member No.: 80935

I can confirm that the old version was broken (32bit/7) and that the new version works again on Camel/Nudes (cmd line and also FB).

However!

I just tried this example:

cscript //nologo allmusic.vbs "Manu Dibango" "Soul Makossa" bio

(38, 11) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'getElementsByTagName(...)(...)'

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/manu-dibang...74011/biography

likewise, these both exist but return blank results:

cscript //nologo allmusic.vbs "Mano Dibango" "Wakafrica" bio

cscript //nologo allmusic.vbs "Mano Dibango" "Wakafrica" review
http://www.allmusic.com/album/wakafrika-mw0000117777

another one:

cscript //nologo allmusic.vbs "Masada" "Hei" bio

returns:

Return to the homepage
Contact us to report a problem
View our FAQ
Uh oh. Billy Joel did NOT want you to see this album.
404 Error: The page you requested cannot be found.

but returns correct review.

This post has been edited by mjm716: Jul 17 2013, 18:30
+Quote Post
Solynth
post Aug 1 2013, 10:22
Post #648

Member No.: 97273

Hi, I searched this thread but I couldn't find anything on removing the citations from the Wikipedia bio. "[1], [2] etc".

Is there a way of doing this? Sorry if it's already been covered.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Aug 1 2013, 14:17
Post #649

i assume you're using the built-in wiki support and not using romor's script? i'm pretty sure that doesn't show citations. i think it shows last.fm by default so you need to edit the script somewhere for it to show wikipedia instead.

or you can try my script for WSH panel mod which allows for easy switching between last.fm/wikipedia via the right click menu.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip <<read instructions carefully.
+Quote Post
Solynth
post Aug 1 2013, 14:48
Post #650

Member No.: 97273

QUOTE (marc2003 @ Aug 1 2013, 21:17) *
i assume you're using the built-in wiki support and not using romor's script? i'm pretty sure that doesn't show citations. i think it shows last.fm by default so you need to edit the script somewhere for it to show wikipedia instead.

or you can try my script for WSH panel mod which allows for easy switching between last.fm/wikipedia via the right click menu.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22801321/wsh/samples.zip <<read instructions carefully.

Awesome, I'll give that a go.

I'm currently using your Last.fm WSH panel mod to get the "loved" and playcount, to work with br3tt's WSH playlist. As you know this has the same folder name "marc2003" and it also has a "common7.js" in the folder.
Am I able to use both at the same time?
+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:53