Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Program for dithering audio? (Read 21168 times) previous topic - next topic

Program for dithering audio?

Reply #25
@ Sebastian
Is there any interest in an interactive/live noise shaper design tool?
I could make the proggy a bit more user-friendly if anyone whishes to have a play ...

please,do that.

thanks 

Reply #26
SebastianG: here's a 30s clip of the main song I've been using to test the dithering. It has a quiet section in it, so it's pretty good for testing.
http://utorrent.com/steveconte-noreply_clip.flac

And sorry for my lack of response! I've been busy, and I no longer have the actual system to test on, had to send it off for repair  But no matter, I can still test well enough on the PC 'till I get it back.

Reply #27

Edit: I think it's possible to prove that a certain dither level (below the alredy known-to-be-safe levels) is secure given the impulse response of the noise shaper -- me needs to think more about it.

Practical experience suggests you're on to something there.

Sorry, folks. False alarm.

Is there any interest in an interactive/live noise shaper design tool?
I could make the proggy a bit more user-friendly if anyone whishes to have a play ...

please,do that. thanks 

Have a look at my little homepage.

here's a 30s clip of the main song I've been using to test the dithering. It has a quiet section in it, so it's pretty good for testing.

I'll probably check it out later today.

But no matter, I can still test well enough on the PC 'till I get it back.

You might also want to try the noise shaper design tool.

BTW: Discussion of these tools should be done in this thread.

Cheers!

Reply #28
I'm trying it, and it just occurred to me that I had the equalizer on in my soundcard's DSP, turning that off made a world of difference. 

And threads like these are the reason why I love HA, you ask for help with weird things, and there's always someone who knows what you're talking about.