Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Who is foobar2000 made for? (Read 2179 times) previous topic - next topic

Who is foobar2000 made for?

i ask you, is foobar2000 developed so peter can have a player that isnt winamp or, does peter actualy care what the general user wants?

my answer would have to be, its peters player... not the users...
why is this my answer? its my answer because peter is only developing and implementing what HE wants in foobar, and, his T&C prevent people from adding things he doesnt want.. the vagueness of term #11 can allow peter to dismiss anything he wants that isnt already part of foobar, things like, skinable UI, video suport.. peter doesnt like these functions because it put him out of total and absolute control.
what i want to ask is, why peter? why do you make such uptight (and by tight i mean "cammals arse in a sandstorm" tight) rules? because, you dont want anyone from stealing the thunder? why are you scaired that people will forget that its you that made foobar in the first place? "Paranoid control freak" comes to mind...
lighten up dude. if you want foobar to take over the media player market, you need to add what the people NEED video suport.. and what they want.. skin suport.. and you need to revise these bullshit rules

Bizzy

Who is foobar2000 made for?

Reply #1
i ask you, is foobar2000 developed so peter can have a player that isnt winamp or, does peter actualy care what the general user wants?

my answer would have to be, its peters player... not the users...
why is this my answer? its my answer because peter is only developing and implementing what HE wants in foobar, and, his T&C prevent people from adding things he doesnt want.. the vagueness of term #11 can allow peter to dismiss anything he wants that isnt already part of foobar, things like, skinable UI, video suport.. peter doesnt like these functions because it put him out of total and absolute control.
what i want to ask is, why peter? why do you make such uptight (and by tight i mean "cammals arse in a sandstorm" tight) rules? because, you dont want anyone from stealing the thunder? why are you scaired that people will forget that its you that made foobar in the first place? "Paranoid control freak" comes to mind...
lighten up dude. if you want foobar to take over the media player market, you need to add what the people NEED video suport.. and what they want.. skin suport.. and you need to revise these bullshit rules

Bizzy

Skinnable UI can be added already (0.7), without breaking/violating anything. I'm only worried about certain kinds of "developers" that add features working in the ass-backwards way, which only cause trouble to users who installed those "components".
And you've picked a wrong place to troll.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.