Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: i deleted my girlfriends favorite playlist (saved fpl files) (Read 2154 times) previous topic - next topic

i deleted my girlfriends favorite playlist (saved fpl files)

Hello,

i screwed up big time. my girlfreind spended 8 hours creating a partyplaylist for her birthday, and i erased it. the only thing i knew is, that there were about 130 titles.

i could save some fpl files in the c:\users...roaming\foobar\playlist directory. the date of the files matches her created playlist, but i cant open it.

can anybode, perhaps some developer with admin tools, look in these files and post at least the content of the titles she chooses? its urgent and im desperated.

here is the links to 6 fpl files i could save

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzUryBkicy...EVi0zX0VQeUw1Zw

Reply #1
open up the last .fpl file with notepad and look at the titles. the other .fpl files are full of gibberish.

Reply #2
As a start:

If you deleted the files from inside a playlist. Edit>Undo
If you deleted the playlist tab. RtClick on a tab for the Context menu>Restore

.fpl files are foobar2000 playlists - are you saying foobar2000 can not open them?

Reply #3
Hi,
the files are corrupted, probably recovered from the hard drive after deletion.
Only three of them contain any readable filenames:
"2" & "5" contain very little files, "6" has a total of 862 files, but if you're lucky it might contain the lost playlist among others.

Here are the lists i could recover:
http://mry.awardspace.com/files/recover.7z

Good luck!

Reply #4
Also, if you're on Windows Vista or 7, go to "%appdata%\" and right-click the foobar2000 folder; from there, go to Previous Versions, and then "Open" when you've selected a date prior to the error.  In this folder that opens is a version of the folder identical to the time you chose; simply find the playlist therein.  Or, alternately, you can restore the entire foobar2000 user data folder to a previous state via "restore". 

Reply #5
Thanks all for your help. i didnt knew, that an editor could show the content of fpl files. when i tried, there was just rubished in the files, now i know that was bacause of the corrupted file.

i couldnt restore a proper fpl backup, so she did it all again.

happily she still loves me

So once again, thank you all for your efford helping me.

Reply #6
You might want to take a look at Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus). It can save you from any future mishaps of this kind.

Reply #7
Thanks all for your help. i didnt knew, that an editor could show the content of fpl files. when i tried, there was just rubished in the files, now i know that was bacause of the corrupted file.

i couldnt restore a proper fpl backup, so she did it all again.

happily she still loves me

So once again, thank you all for your efford helping me.

And do keep in mind that, by the file paths you posted earlier, you're on a system that makes shadow copies every so often (as I suggested you should look in above).  Could've probably saved your girlfriend the trouble, assuming you didn't intentionally turn off the shadow copy service.