Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing foobar from title, hide playlist tab, etc? (Read 7015 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing foobar from title, hide playlist tab, etc?

I am trying to move away from foobar2000 0.9.4.5 to 0.9.5.4, but there are certain things I want to change. This is all concerning the Built-In UI.

1. How do I make [foobar2000 v.0.9.5.4] go away?
2. How do I hide the playlist tab name?
3. How can I make a certain status bar element always go to the furthest right?

4. How do I prevent foobar from ever showing up in the taskbar? I just keep it in the tray icon area at all times.

Reply #1
1 is not possible. If this really bothers you, get CUI.
for 2, you can use playlist switcher instead of playlist tab (just modify your layout by using the layout editing mode, or by using the scratchbox).

3 you could use $tab(). but i don't think this would work.

4 you can have it minimize to tray (Preferences -> Display -> Default User Interface), but i don't think you can make that entirely go away. Again, if this behavior really bothers you, get CUI.

Reply #2
I just figured out the $tab() one and it works. Thanks. I thought it would be a single tab space but really it's a full shift to the right.

I know about CUI and used it for my older foobar version, but I'm trying to keep this new one as light as possible, at least at first.

Seems like keeping the taskbar hidden and no foobar in the title are really basic things that could be added as options though and they go with the theme of keeping foobar minimal and customizable. Maybe I can hex out the foobar in the title?

Didn't know about playlist switcher, will check it out. Edit: Going to Playlist View works! Looks how I want it now.

Reply #3
1. How do I make [foobar2000 v.0.9.5.4] go away?

Add $repeat($char(32),999) to the end of your Window Title string (Preferences ->Display->Default User Interface)
(hackish )
2. How do I hide the playlist tab name?
Enable Layout Editing Mode (main menu->view->Layout) and Replace the Playlist Tabs container with the Playlist View.
3. How can I make a certain status bar element always go to the furthest right?
Use $tab()
4. How do I prevent foobar from ever showing up in the taskbar? I just keep it in the tray icon area at all times
foobar2000 is displayed in the taskbar when the window is not minimized for usability purposes.
elevatorladylevitateme