Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not My Release] EsPlaylist (Read 334803 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not My Release] EsPlaylist

Reply #500
Last update was less than 30 days ago. Should author be more attentive? 

Reply #501
Author updates this plugin ones per month or two month for last few month. So you should wait.
Maybe he'll updates it, maybe not.

Reply #502
Perhaps that came off wrong ... I think the component is on of the best for foobar so I was just curious what if anything might be in store 

Reply #503

I have a (hopefully simple) question about the %es_list_index% value being returned.  When active playlist is Filter Results, I have Esplaylist return a list grouped by album (so it shows entire albums only), with side info disabled (leaving a typical album art browsing situation).  When I select a specific playlist, as illustrated above, I have Esplaylist return a list grouped by title (so it shows the individual songs) with side info enabled.

I've added a field to the side info to display the playlist index number of the track in question.  As it turns out, Esplaylist returns a "0" value for the first entry - so each of the entries is 1-off from the index value displayed by NG Playlist, on the sidebar to the right.

Is there any titleformatting magic I can do to make it display %es_list_index% value plus 1?

Here is the title formatting I am using for the side info:

Code: [Select]
$if($stricmp(%genre%,classical),%composer%$crlf()%album artist% '('%performer%')'$crlf()%album%$crlf()%date%$crlf()%genre%,%album artist%$crlf()%album%$crlf()%date%$crlf()%genre%)$crlf()Playlist Track No. %es_item_index%

Is %es_list_index% a value that can be manipulated in this way?

Reply #506
great component! use it as primary playlist now.
unfortunately albumart caching works only until restart ((

Reply #507
A great component!  There's something I'd like to do that I can't figure out:

I can't seem to get any album art to display when I group by "album artist /album" and just the album artists are displayed in a grid.  I realize there are multiple album covers under most of the artists - I was hoping the component would just take one of the album covers for each artist so that the grid view would show more than just the album artist names.

When I double click on any album artist or the empty space above it, I like how the display then switches to display all of the album covers for each album artist, by album artist, so no issues there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply #508
2 possible solutions.

right click>grouping>preferences>highlight %album artist%, click edit. now change the artwork to cover front.

or secondly you could stick with the default and that is to use artist art. if you've used my thumbs scripts, you should have a collection of artist art growing already. you can configure foobar (and therefore other components) to use it as a source.

file>preferences>display>artist tab

you need to type in the full path to your foobar profile folder (or fooobar folder if portable). at the end you need to put wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%album artist%)\*.*

an example being...

Code: [Select]
d:\applications\foobar2000\wsh_lastfm\$crc32(%album artist%)\*.*

Reply #509
Ahhh, I think I've got it - very impressive flexibility and ease-of-use for this.  Thanks again!

Reply #510
I either need help or have two feature suggestions. 

#1 - When I'm browsing album covers that are displayed as the active playlist in my EsPlaylist panel, I'd like to be able to right-click on a selection and add the selection to the playlist currently playing (without wiping out the current playlist that is playing).  I've tried all of the Behaviour options and right click selections and can't find a satisfactory solution.

#2- When I right click on a selection while browsing in the active EsPlaylist and operations>play, this adds the selected files to the queue in addition to playing the files.  If I double-click while library browsing (which is set to "send to Active Playlist"), instead of clearing the queue and just playing my new selection, or even adding the files to the active playlist or queue, the queue just increments to the next song already in the queue, and otherwise ignores my action.  I'd like to be able to have the queue cleared when I send a new selection to be played, or hav ethe ability to play a selection with a right click that does not also add teh files to the queue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply #511
Is there a way to play the current group only? I have my music sorted by albums and I want it to play one album then stop, not jump to the next album and keep playing.

Reply #512
Either
    create a new playlist with the selection of your albums
Or
    do what i would do: add your selection of the album to the playback queue and enable "stop after queue" which is provided here

Reply #513
Either
Or
    do what i would do: add your selection of the album to the playback queue and enable "stop after queue" which is provided here

Could you write a little guide on how to make either option work? I can't get it to work. 

Reply #514
Either
Or

Or
Stop after album v3.0  (foo_stopafteralbum) does it too (and many more): here

Reply #515
Again I either need help or have a feature suggestion:

I use layered views while library browsing and have a few levels for each of genre and album artist groupings.  Double-clicking works great to drill down to each level, but I can't figure out an equally convenient way to back up one level.  I currently can only start over at the top level of any group by right-clicking and selecting my grouping again.  While that's not too bad, I wish I could program a button to just go back one level in the existing group.  I know how to create a custom button and where to enter the command for the button, but my desires exceed my command knowledge.

Any help on the command I'd need to enter to associate with such a button, or another convenient way to back up one level, is appreciated.

Reply #516
How do I make the title under the album art on ESPlaylist to be only the album title?

I know nothing about code BTW.

Reply #517
File>Preferences>Tools>EsPlaylsit>Grouping, then select the grouping you want to edit under Preset, then highlight the level you want to edit under Present setting, then hit edit.

A popup box will appear.  Enter your desired setting (in this case, %album%) in the Title box.

Reply #518
Thanks. I actually had created a new level and copied all settings from the Default level but changed the title to %album% and ticked the box to the side of the new level but nothing happened.

Reply #519
hey.. firstly thanks for this great component!

basically im just wondering why when ive deleted a folder manually from my music library it still appears in the EsPlaylist view.. my understanding was that the media library now refreshes automatically.. when i come across an item/album thats been removed i get a popup about missing files and this will then skip through all the tracks repeating the same message.

so my question is, how do i remove the dead folders from my library?

thanks in advance

Reply #520
scratch that.. i realised i was looking at individual playlists that id created of my music folders which are sorted by genre, so i just need to update those.

pardon the double post.. cant edit previous.

Reply #521
Hi! This is a very nice component that is becoming my standard playlist viewer. However, I couldn't find how to add a new column from scratch (i.e. not by modifying an existing one). Is it possible to do this? If not, I'd like to see this in forthcoming releases (or at least increase the number of available columns, like blank columns).

Thanks in advance

Reply #522
Whenever I double click any song in any playlist, it doesn't play.  It only opens the field for editing that track.  I have to right click the track and select play.  How do I fix this?

Reply #523
Glad you found the correct thread    I am confident you can figure this out on your own.
Have you looked in Preferences for a esplaylist listing? I very much expect mouse button behavior to be pretty damn explicitly shown.

Good luck

EDIT: Ok, I loaded this and have figured it out for you. You have set a option for inline editing. Remove it. Right click > Options.

As a heads up, whether in Foobar2000 itself or various components it will always be informative to use the right click context menu. It is heavily used throughout the program

Reply #524
You sir are the man!!  I'm pretty new to Foobar as you can tell, and your tip is very useful.  Thank you such much!