Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8/trolling] From: Resampler plugin (Read 1443 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8/trolling] From: Resampler plugin

Using Foobar/SOX/ASIO/E-MU 1616m/Class T amplifier/Cabasse SCS loudspeaker & Sennheiser HD650

Again : thx for great work and pleasure you give to all of us
i7 3930K@4.4GHz & 16GB & E-MU 1616m+HD650+Cabasse SCS+Class D

Reply #1

Can you actually tell the difference *in a blind test* on a normal signal? If so that's a PPHS bug that should be fixed. But I'd be really surprised if you can...

If you can't, TOS8 applies.

Reply #2
TOS8 is inapplicable as always... How would he prove that to you? Send a notarized certification that he did ABX the two?

I was told by one of the mods in a similar situation that I cannot say that "In my experience DAC x sounds better than y" because I cannot prove that (my experience that is), but he can say that "both x and y sound the same" because he doesn't have to prove that. This completed with references to almighty wikipedia...

Reply #3
All members that put forth a statement concerning subjective sound quality, must -- to the best of their ability -- provide objective support for their claims.
What about that “is inapplicable”? Never mind your little dig “as always”, which just demonstrates that you’re holding a grudge over being called out on your own violation. Even without that, this is plain trolling. The meaning of TOS #8 is perfectly clear: people must find a way to prove what they’re saying, or they cannot say it. If you don’t like that, stop posting.